28. Google can't be a piece of cake

Reaching her home, Aradhana's phone beeps continuously. Looking at notifications, Aradhana facepalmed herself as Sonal tagged her in all photos. While scanning through Facebook's photos, Aradhana stopped at one of Rudra's candid photo clicked by her on cruise. She kept zooming in and out of his photo, admiring his every feature. Finally, Rudra's first photo was saved in her phone gallery.

Aradhana reminisced of the airport incident when she was bidding him goodbye. Not just Aradhana felt an emotional emptiness, she was touched by his words when she caressed his subtles. 'Aradhana. Maybe I have made out with many girls, I saved myself for a special one. You have complicated feelings with Shailesh. You just can't simply kiss me, forgetting about threads that you tangled with him. Before defining our bond, you need to untangle those threads soon.' Rudra's words echoed her back.

Next day, Aradhana decided to sit back at home because she wants to unpack her stuffs and had no work on campus. She felt a relief when she received a mail stating 'your Computer Vision assignment 05 has been uploaded' Later, Aradhana received a message from Shailesh 'Library at 5. Need to discuss about project.' 

 Aradhana quickly winded up her household chores and left for university. Catching up on reading, Aradhana took some insights from Swati. Shailesh was punctual, this time. He was amused to find Aradhana discussing something with Swati.

He stood few steps away from her when Swati noticed Shailesh and decided to give them space. The moment Swati left the place, a smile crept on Aradhana's face as Rudra's name flashed on her mobile. Picking up the call, Rudra burst out 'What the hell. I was expecting your resume. Send me your resume as soon as possible.' Rudra abruptly terminated the call, taking Aradhana by shock.

Though Aradhana called him back immediately, Rudra didn't pick his call. Aradhana is in the state of worrisome by Rudra's behavior. One call. Second Call. Rudra finally picked up her call. 'Are you okay?' Aradhana sounds concerned. 'Fuck!' Rudra cursed aloud, flapped down his laptop. 'Workload?' Aradhana guessed it right. She heard Rudra sigh.

'Rudra. Had working in Forbes rank 2 multinational company been easy, every applicant would be placed. You know that's not the case. But you made it. You are working in Google. It can't be a piece of cake. It's all an outcome of hard work. Trust me! You have give best of your best efforts. You have to push yourself beyond your comfort zone. You always say, fight hard put all your efforts but don't you ever give up. Now you are the one giving up on such a small thing.' Aradhana's words charged up Rudra.

'Why don't you have coffee and relax on the bean bag for a while & listen to soothing music?' Aradhana further suggested. 'Actually you are right. Maybe I need some fresh air to think straight. I'll talk to you later, Aradhana' Rudra found it logical. 'Rudra, I want to ask something.' Aradhana urged to talk more, may be something in context to ongoing conversation. 'Shot' Rudra stretched his arms as he stood up, placing the cell phone between shoulder and ear. 'By when do you have send my resume?' Aradhana questioned. 'Later this evening' Rudra did some stretching exercise to get rid of his laziness, still managing the position of his cell phone.

'Ok. I will send you in an hour. Let me know if you think it needs more changes.' Aradhana spoke her thoughts out. Rudra agreed with her. Soon they disconnected the call.

Oblivious of Shailesh's presence, Aradhana was startled for a moment. Realizing his intention of being here, Aradhana offered him to be seated across her. As Shailesh settled, he rolled his eyes much to her notice. 'Do you need any motivational speech?' Aradhana mocked him. 'What do you mean?' Shailesh knitted his brows. 'I suppose you forgot the purpose of meeting.' Aradhana came straight to the point. 'Unlike others, I really don't need one especially one coming from you.' Shailesh resumed his project and later discussed key points with Aradhana while Aradhana was still struck on Rudra's way of talking, not paying any heeds to Shailesh's ideas. 

This workplace. <3 <3 

Shouldn't this be dream company? Rudra is definitely lucky and freaking out, obviously

Shouldn't this be dream company? Rudra is definitely lucky and freaking out, obviously.  Nervous Aradhana motivating tensed Rudra 

  Nervous Aradhana motivating tensed Rudra 

Rudra be like 'Well, that makes sense' 

Overhearing convo, don't you think Shailesh is jealous?