52. Catch-22

On the other hand, Harshvardhan called his daughter couple of times. Aradhana was fast asleep. Her phone vibrated endlessly. She woke up and pick the call. 'Come on video call right away' Harshvardhan ordered. Being an obedient daughter, she called back. Harshvardhan accepted her Skype call by hitting green video camera icon.

'Aradhana. What kind of daughter are you? I trusted you so much. You broke my trust easily' Harshvardhan's words created an instance hollow in Aradhana's chest. 'I send you to America for studies. To pursue your Master's. Wasn't pursuing higher education from States your passion?' Harshvardhan yelled at her in front of everyone present in room. Sugandha stood up, walked towards her husband and mollified him. Her efforts were futile when Harshvardhan continued 'I just got to know your actual passion. Flirt with boys. Be around with them. Career was never your priority. Leave your job and come back to India. You are no longer staying there' The way Harshvardhan hooted Aradhana not only made Aradhana sob but Rudra and Shailesh were dithered by Harshvardhan's howls.

'But.. Dad.. Please list...' Aradhana managed to speak trembling words when Shailesh interrupt, asking his mother 'What's the matter?' Rudra walked towards his father. Before he could ask anything, Harshvardhan called them 'Shailesh. Rudra. Come here' : the dining table where he was growling at Aradhana over laptop. Both shot a deathly glare at each other as they walked towards the dining table.

Aradhana washed away her tears with her palms and asked, sharply 'What are you two doing at my place?' 'I came here for my marriage proposal for you' Shailesh answered bluntly. 'This is not the right time to vent out my anger. I have to act wisely. Think Aradhana think. Think fast' Aradhana thought. 'To be honest with you, I'm here because of him.' Rudra replied. 'And I thought you were the smart one.' Aradhana reverted, looking at Rudra. Rudra pressed his lips tight while Shailesh rolled his eyes.

Aradhana continued 'Anyways. Chuck it. You will know my answer once you both are back in California. Don't you guys bother my parents unnecessarily. Got it?' While Rudra agreed to her words, Shailesh was the one who create more mess 'Aradhana. I know your answer. Let it be now or later, you will choose me over him. Why don't you say it right away?'

Rudra turned sideways and grasped his collars 'Keep your lusty appetite off her.' 'Why don't you be away from her?' Shailesh hold his collars too. Harshvardhan and Jaswant Rajput came to rescue while Murali (Shailesh's father) stood at distance. 'Rudra. Leave him' Aradhana requested while Jaswant Rajput ordered. Rudra jerked Shailesh away. Shailesh staggered a little. 'Aru. Go to sleep. We'll talk tomorrow' Sugandha instructed. Giving a nod of approval, Aradhana disconnected the call.

Few minutes later,Jaswant Rajput asked Rudra and his wife. 'Let's leave'

Walking towards the door, Rudra stopped his tracks and turned back 'Uncle. Maybe I and Aradhana belong to different caste. You might fear, she might have to change herself to be with me. Trust me, that's not the case. I always loved her for who she is. What she decides will be beneficial to all of us. Your daughter is mature enough to figure out what her life demands for. Just one request, never shout at her. Her tears pricks me like cacti.' Saying so, Rajputs' left Saxena's mansion.

Harshvardhan humbly asked Sawant's' to take leave. The evening crept in and Harshvardhan still sat on the rock chair in the garden. Sugandha got him tea and potato fritters. She kept on the table and sat on the chair across him. 'Do you really think our daughter pursue her Masters' with an intention of hanging around with boys?' Sugandha spoke her thoughts.

Harshvardhan took a deep breath and picked the saucer and tea cup. He took a sip of tea and answered 'What happened today at home was an eye opening. Shailesh and Rudra. Both these guys like my daughter. I'm in catch-22. Two alliance already plus Aradhana is now of marriageable age.' 'No. Both these guys doesn't like our daughter. Shailesh has an infatuation for Aradhana while Rudra loves Aradhana. There's a massive difference' Sugandha corrected her husband.

Sipping tea, Harshvardhan paid attention to Sugandha's each and every word. 'Let her decide. She has to spend her life with her companion. We should give her time. Correct me if I'm wrong' Harshvardhan nodded in agreement. They further discussed about Sawant's and Rajput's reactions earlier this day.