40. Post Birthday

Rudra was the one who woke up early, next morning. With slight snores, Aradhana slept peacefully snuggling to Rudra. 'Did we come so far to share ourselves to each other?' Rudra thought, looking at Aradhana's angelic face.

Rudra took stairs down only to find the living room decorate. Simple and elegant. 'What should I make for breakfast?' Rudra moved his eyes across the kitchen. 'Rudra. Rudra. Where the fuck are you?' Aradhana scream. Rudra immediately ran upstairs. 'What happened?' He questioned.

Aradhana opened her arms wide and called him. Rudra looked around. 'I'm calling you, idiot.' Rudra's actions irked Aradhana. Rudra ruffled his hairs, walked towards her and settled next to Aradhana. Aradhana pulled his lower lip with her lips and kissed them, encircling her arms around his nape. Rudra held her bare waist gently.

Breaking the kiss, Aradhana wished 'Happy belated birthday to you. May you always success in all endeavors you take up. May the best be with you.' 'Thank you sweetheart. Your wish means a lot to me. I appreciate all your efforts for a successful celebration yesterday which I ruined it unknowingly.' Rudra lowered his head.

Aradhana lowered her head below his. She tilted her head up, looking at Rudra. 'Hey. It's okay. I believe, all the happens always happen for our betterment.' Rudra took this opportunity and gave a quick smooch to Aradhana.

'Did you brush?' Aradhana spoke in between of kiss. Rudra shook off his head sideways. 'Your mouth breath like a rotten eggs' Aradhana pressed her noses with her index fingers. 'Excuse me!' Rudra is offended and added 'You smell like a stale food taken out off dumpster'

'Rudra' Aradhana picked up the pillow lying besides and hit hard on Rudra's head with it. 'Ouch. It hurts' Rudra faked a pain. Aradhana threw pillow away and apologized.

Rudra pulled Aradhana close, letting her forehead rest on his right shoulder. This sudden action startled Aradhana. 'You are just one for me' Rudra thought as he closed his eyes. Aradhana wrapped her arms around his waist.

'Get ready. We'll go out somewhere' Rudra ideated his thoughts. 'No Rudra. It's Thursday. We have office today. Come on. I'll prepare breakfast while you get ready' Aradhana opposed. 'Oh com'on. You can take a leave.' Rudra suggested. 'Okay. Let's do this. We will drop a mail to Team Lead and HR asking for a permission to work from home. We will go for Dinner Date later evening' Aradhana found a way out. 'Fair enough' Rudra agreed.

Everything went smooth as they planned until Aradhana and Rudra stepped in Inchin's Bamboo Garden. No much to their notice, Shailesh spotted them together. He cursed Rudra beneath breath and thought 'How could Aradhana hide about her whereabouts with me?' Shailesh mentally decided to meet her at soonest.

Rudra insisted Aradhana to convert her internship at Juniper Networks into a Co-Op (a structured method of combining classroom-based education with practical work experience, thereby providing academic credit for structured job experience). Aradhana was hesitant about Rudra's suggestion. Rudra sketch out the points where pros of having Co-Op weighs more. As a friend and colleague, Rudra contend Aradhana's father for her decision for converting internship into a Co-Op. Aradhana's father eventually agreed to Rudra's political words.

With Rudra's constant support and help, Aradhana managed to complete 2 online courses thereby completing 8 + 2(waived off courses) on 13 courses of her structured degree program, along with 7 months of work experience in Santa Clara County, California.

Aradhana celebrated christmas and New Year Eve's with Rudra. Rudra went on a shopping spree with Aradhana. Thanks to festive season, the shops in mall offered large discounts on the products. Aradhana brought few gifts for her parents.

Last day at Rudra's home, Aradhana felt nostalgic. Aradhana apprehend the bond she shared with Rudra. She overran emotions of missing him badly once she is back in New York City. 'Aradhana. Will you please hurry up, dear? I hope you don't want to miss the flight' Rudra put her buggages in rear truck of his car. Taking out the gift box from her tote, Aradhana placed it on the Rudra's bed. As Rudra's car honked for second time, Aradhana hurriedly left the place, locking the main door. Though Rudra bashed Aradhana, she simply stared at his face as it might be last time she would see Rudra in person.  

Oh my poor Aradhana. Don't be sad. I can relate you so well

Would you do same for your bae? Please leave your thoughts in comment section below