55. Happily Ever After ...

They left for India on 22nd December evening to get hitched.

Rudra wore rust golden shade sherwani embroidered with red stones' design and solid red skin fit pants

Rudra wore rust golden shade sherwani embroidered with red stones' design and solid red skin fit pants. He took one end of shawl dangling on his right shoulder and other end wrapped around his left arms. Royal red shade shera added majestic look to Rudra.

 Royal red shade shera added majestic look to Rudra

He desperately waited for his better half.

A girl wearing heavy royal red pearl embroidered lehenga and cup sleeve simple designed blouse entered the arena where pandora was set up. Her translucent red veil beautifully covered her torso from left, hiding her neatly curled hairs and dangling on right side. She wore heavy jewelry set. She lowered her head and pick up lehenga slightly so that she can manage walking a bit fast. She looked more gorgeous in makeup. Here come Aradhana accompanied by Sonal and her mother.

Rudra felt a bullet fired from a gun straight into his heart

Rudra felt a bullet fired from a gun straight into his heart. 'He is gawking you like an owl in front of your dad' Sonal teased Aradhana. Aradhana blushed over her comments. Aradhana stood besides Rudra while holy priest recited mantras. Finishing couple of mantras, Sonal did gathbandhan. Few mantras later, Harshvardhan with teary eyes did handed her daughter's' hand in Rudra's hand, thereby doing kanyadaan. Both looked towards Harshvardhan. 'From this moment, I give my daughter to you. She's your responsibility' Harshvardhan said those words with heavy heart. 'She will always be your daughter. That's her identity which I don't want to take away' Rudra spoke with confidence. Aradhana managed to smile despite of holding back her tears.

As they walked around holy fire in circular motion seven times, Rudra and Aradhana vouched each other as instructed by holy priest. Completely rituals, Rudra and Aradhana seeked blessings from all elders present. Aradhana fell sick next day as she cried at bidaai, grah pravesh at hotel and departure from Lucknow. Reaching Udaipur, Rudra called doctor at home. The doctor strictly instructed Aradhana to take rest. Adamant by nature, Aradhana still helped her mother - in - law till they were in India. Ten days later, Rudra and Aradhana flew back to California as a single entity.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Eighteen months after marriage, Rudra nervously marched across the door of Operation Theatre of El Camino Hospital. Few moments later, the doctor walked out of Operation Theatre 'Mr. Rajput, May I request you to come inside?' Rudra followed doctor in operation theatre and stood besides Aradhana's head. 'All good?' Rudra asked out of formality. 'Really. Are you really going to ask me that dumb question in Operation Theatre?' Aradhana eyed Rudra intently. Rudra ran his fingers in hair. 'Sorry' Rudra apologized instantly. 'You better be' Aradhana looked tired.

The nurse and doctor encouraged Aradhana to try again but hard this. 'Baby. One last hard push. You are done' Rudra joined them, encouraging Aradhana. 'Do you have uterus?' Aradhana questioned, looking at him intently. Rudra quickly disagreed with a nod. 'The why are you even giving opinion?' Saying so, Aradhana looked away. 'Aaaahhh' Aradhana put in all efforts to push down baby. 'Aauch' Rudra winced in pain as Aradhana dugged in her long nail in his arms when she grabbed his arms.

The cry of their first made love soothed down their minor pain. Rudra couldn't stand those loud sobbing noise. This time, Rudra's priority changed and it was not Aradhana. The sounds echoed in his mind and it belongs to his princess. The nurse took baby girl for a wash. Aradhana dropped herself on the bed, closing her eyes for awhile. Half an hour later, the nurse stepped out with their baby girl neatly wrapped in a clean cloth, who has already fallen asleep, just like mommy.

Rudra took his baby girl in his arms carefully and looked at her cute face. For a moment, Rudra felt himself in a heaven's land. 'Aashirya' Rudra called her. 'Sorry?' Aradhana opened her eyes slowly and said 'When will you learn to take my consent? Or. Did you forget all vows we took?' 'I didn't forget anything.' Rudra carefully bent, holding baby girl still in his arms and kissed Aradhana's forehead. 'It's difficult to love two ladies at same time. Help me out!' Rudra seeked for a help. 'Who two ladies? Were you having affair behind my back?' Aradhana sounds vexed. 'You still have so much stamina to argue with me. Hats off to you!' Rudra taunted looking at his princess.

Aradhana turned her head in other direction. 'See your mommy's tantrums. I have been tolerating this since past 9 months. I hope you won't bother me much, Aashirya' Rudra complained about Aradhana to new born baby. 'You listen. I'll kill you if you love someone more than me' Aradhana threatened him. 'Sorry to say, Aru. I love Aashirya more than Aradhana' Rudra gently kissed on newborn's forehead. Aashirya yawned a bit, making herself comfortable in her father's embrace.

Aradhana smiled looking at father and daughter duo

Aradhana smiled looking at father and daughter duo. 'I don't mind being neglected as long as your second love is our daughter' Aradhana thought.

The nurse found this moment adorable. So, she clicked a photo of this nuclear family on phone which she later forwarded to Rudra.

***** THE END *****