42. Job Hunt

Rudra's call was savior. Excusing herself away from Shailesh, Aradhana picked up Rudra's call 'Hey Rudra.' 'Oh my love. How much I miss you?' Rudra kissed her over phone. Aradhana lowered her head so that no one especially Shailesh notice her flushed pink face. 'Done with your work as a grader?' Rudra asked about her work. 'Yes. I'm done with my work. Rudra, I want to ask something' Aradhana was thinking upon Shailesh's offer. 'Sure.' Rudra replies affirmative.

'Shailesh bumped into me few minutes before. He secured a full time job at Agilent Technologies located in Santa Clara as a Application Developer. He will be moving to California soon. He asked me whether we could spend some time together. I don't know what to say him' Aradhana sounds bemused.

'This guy. Damn it. If Shailesh wants to spend time with you, coitus won't be off the table. One hell of allergic specimen he is.' Rudra seems agitated. 'I actually booked tickets for my parents. From Lucknow to New York City. For my grad walk.' Aradhana switched over the topic wisely. 'Oh that's great. It would be awesome to know your parents.' Shailesh's interruption impeded Aradhana and Rudra. 'What's he doing there?' Rudra hissed over phone.

'Let me know' Shailesh pecked over Aradhana's cheeks and left the place. 'Did he just kiss you?' Rudra confirmed. Aradhana's hmm as a reply was enough to make Rudra agitated over Shailesh's brave guts to kiss his girl.

'Rudra. See. First Akriti. Second Swati. Third this guy. Everyone is getting job. When would I get one? I want a job soon. How much should I fill out application forms? Tired of it.' Aradhana blurted out her frustrations. 'I got you. But I see no point you putting in so much efforts for your job' Rudra upfronted his opinions. 'Are you crazy? Do you even know what are you saying? I need job immediately after I graduate.' Aradhana panicked. 'Aru, listen to me. It's good know you are putting all your efforts to get job. On personal note, you need to act smart. I'll tell what exactly you have to do.' 'Yes, please' Aradhana asked Rudra to continue.

'All that you have to do is call Vidyut. I'm pretty sure you will get full time easily as you worked as Software Product Developer Intern at Juniper Networks for seven months. Moreover your profile is strong as you completed your summer internship at FedEx as Information System Analyst - Intern. You even ask Stella Cooper, Human Resource of FedEx to consider your application for full time position. I know your abilities and capabilities. For your peace of mind, I can forward your resume to Human Resource team at my company. See the options available for you' Aradhana was calmly listening to Rudra's monologue.

'I'd have been clueless person hadn't you not been in my life. Rudra, I can't thank you enough' Aradhana expressed her gratitude.'You are smart, Aradhana. If not me, it would have your bestie - Sonal' Aradhana agreed with Rudra. 'So, tell me what are you wearing today?' Rudra's question embarrassed Aradhana although her cheeks turned blush pink. 'I'm in library. There are students around.' Aradhana whispered.

Rudra pouted sadly. 'I'd love to kiss on that pout of yours' Aradhana flirted, making Rudra blush. They continued with their healthy and flirty talk until they disconnected the call.

*********************

It's the white month of year - December. A season of Christmas, New Year. An end of Aradhana's Masters degree. She was super excited to move in with Rudra as she secured Sr. Software Engineer at Juniper Networks. All thanks to Vidyut, Aradhana bagged offer of 88k USD per annum although she had more two job offers: one from FedEx offering her 72k USD per annum with H1B visa sponsorship completely based on performance and other from CloudEra offering her 80k USD per annum with no H1B visa sponsorship.

Aradhana's New Year begins with Rudra at his place. Rudra decided to show her around although Aradhana was quite familiar with the place. Aradhana decided to cook jeera rice and dal makhani for Rudra. She asked Rudra to drop her at Wegmans so that she buy grocery. Rudra didn't tag along as he was suppose to pick up Bhoomit, his classmate from airport.

In aisle of grains and pulses, Aradhana bumped into Shailesh. 'Hey. Good to see you here. Staying nearby?' Shailesh initiated conversation. 'Hey. Umm. No. I don't stay in this vicinity. I live few miles away.' Aradhana tried not to sound rude. Aradhana moved along, pushing her shopping cart. 'Aradhana' Shailesh called her. Aradhana turned to face Shailesh. 'Actually Aradhana. I want to talk to you.' Shailesh fidget along the handle of his shopping cart. 'Yes, say' Aradhana insisted. 'Not here. Maybe some other place. Maybe tomorrow.' Shailesh suggested. 'I'll let you know about it' Aradhana back faced him and continued her shopping.

All the shopping time, Shailesh was in Aradhana's thoughts. She billed her items at billing counter and called Rudra to pick her up as she is done with shopping. Rudra asked her to wait for fifteen minutes as he just reached the place to drop off Bhoomit.