54. Locked Away

Rudra hugged Aradhana and placed lots of kiss over her lips, cheeks, nose and forehead continuously. 'Now it's your turn!' Aradhana jerked him away. 'You. You were suppose to be one attending my bestie's wedding. You were suppose to be with your best friend before my best friend vow to make him mad forever. You left him with a victim who ran out of mental asylum. Why did you even go to Lucknow? And don't you say me to visit my parents' Aradhana admonished Rudra.

Letting Aradhana vent out her anger, Rudra later turned on karaoke and let the background score play. He picked up microphone and sung

If I got locked away
And we lost it all today
Tell me honestly, would you still love me the same?
If I showed you my flaws
If I couldn't be strong
Tell me honestly, would you still love me the same?

Aradhana gave a nod of agreement, trying hold back her tears.

Right about now
If I judge for life, man, would you stay by my side?
Or is you gonna say goodbye?
Can you tell me right now?
If I couldn't buy you the fancy things in life
Shawty, would it be alright?
Come on show me that you know
Now tell me would you really ride for me?
Baby tell me would you die for me?
Would you spend your whole life with me?
Would you be there to always hold me down?
Tell me would you really cry for me?
Baby don't lie to me
If I didn't have anything
I wanna know would you stick around?

Rudra paused for a second. Aradhana hugged him tight and let her sniffing little sobs out. 'How can I ever leave you when you always stood by me when I needed Shailesh to be there. You were the one who hold me down and tight, assuring everything would be fine' Rudra skipped one stanza and continued

All I want is somebody real who don't need much
A girl I know that I can trust
To be 'ere when money low
If I did not have nothing else to give but love
Would that even be enough?
Gotta need to know

Aradhana tilted her head, looked at him and said 'Stop this song. This song is hysterically sensitive.' Rudra paused the karaoke. Aradhana continued 'You once said to me - find a guy who will compliment you not complete you. I guess I found one. That's you Rudra. I'm letting my parents about my plans to get hitch with you soon. You are the one to be locked away for me, with me' Aradhana encircled her arms around his neckline and rested her chin over her toned biceps.

few moments later, Aradhana video called her parents and informed them about her decision. Her parents were happy with her choice. Somewhere down in heart, Sugandha knew Aradhana would choose Rudra over Shailesh. Harshvardhan always liked Rudra for his manners and nature of Rudra. Her parents were in accordance with her decision.

After disconnecting the call, Rudra hold lower tip of his earlobes 'I'm sorry. I should have told you about Shailesh and his acts earlier when he stopped by Sonal's wedding. Trust me, I was blank. You know how much I love you. How can I let Shailesh snatch my Ardhana away from me? I had no choice but to visit your parents. I acted like a stupid teen boy. You know I drove so much. Sleepless night while driving from Udaipur to Lucknow and vice versa' 

'Hawww' Aradhana made a perfect O with lips. 'You are measuring your love for me in terms of kilometers. I didn't expect this' Aradhana inferred. She flared her nose and turned around. 'You are the best. Cut my artery and veins, inspect every ounce of blood and you will find you are pulsating every second in my blood. Nevertheless, I think I need to complain to Sonal about your analogy.' Rudra back hugged her from back and rested his chin over her right shoulder.

'So cheesy of you.Still I liked it. By the way, you dare to complain. I might change my decision' Aradhana winked. 'Really!' Rudra smooched her for one twenty seconds. They lost the sync as they went breathless. 'I hope that change your decision' Rudra said with a wink. Rudra and Aradhana mutually decided to get hitched coming winter i.e end of the year. 

One more chapter to go... And this journey of ours will come to an end.