29

A long silence filled the common room while Renjun stopped sobbing. He glanced from Taeil to Taeyong, was it really the big adventure he was dreaming about.

"Taeil can we go?" asked Taeyong.

"Where?" the boy sounded uncertain.

"I'll tell you when we'll get rid of the kid."

"What! I'm going with you!" shouted Renjun jumping up.

How could they ever think to leave him behind.

"Renjun please go to sleep," said Taeil calmly.

"No, I'm staying with you, Taeil you're my friend you know I can help," Renjun felt the tears coming back.

"Taeil I really have no time for this annoying one," muttered Taeyong.

Renjun glanced at Taeil, he begged with his eyes with his gestures till Taeil's face fell.

"I think Renjun can help us," he muttered quietly.

"Are you out of your mind!" shouted Taeyong.

But Renjun felt something so warm inside him, Taeil really respected him as a young wizard.

"Just tell me where we're going," muttered Taeil. "And Renjun there are two things you need to promise, one you stick close to me, two when I say run you run and don't look back," Taeil looked at the boy seriously.

"But..." the warm feeling inside him faded in second.

"Promise," Taeil laid his hand on his shoulder.

"Ok, I promise," whispered Renjun with his head down.

"Can we," Taeyoong tapped his fingers against the fireplace top.

"Yes," Taeil took Renjun's hand.

They walked behind Taeyong out of the portrait hole crossed the dark corridor till they found Jaehyun waiting in a  shadow of an armor.

"Professor Kris went that way," whispered Jaehyun. "We need to hurry."

"Where are we going?" asked Taeil.

"Later," Jeahyun walked down the corridor so they followed, Taeil's hand squeezed Renjun's palm.

Taeyong was walking behind them, they needed to hide in and empty class room on the second floor as the janitor was passing by. They met two ghost floating the opposite way when the sped past the Great Hall to the front door.

The managed to open it than to squeeze through Renjun's heart was hammering from fear and excitement.

The night air in was clod so he moved closer to Taeil squeezing his hand tighter.

Jeahyun dived into the darkness of some pillars so the boys followed, no ore was speaking till they reached the path through the grounds.

They passed the greenhouse, took a turn aground the lake to avoid the gatekeeper's house till Jeahuyn stopped in the shadow of the first tress of the Forbidden Forest.

"What are we doing now?" asked Taeil.

"We're going in," muttered Jaehyun.

"In where?" Taeil glanced around.

"The forest," Jaehyun tossed them a stick glance. "Why is the kid here?"

"I'm the one asking questions," said Taeil sharply. "What do you want in the forest?"

"There's a dangerous creature in there I need to take care of," muttered Jaehyun.

"What creature?" Taeil tensed while Renjun stepped a little behind his back, he was scared of Jaehyun.