34

"Expecto Patronum!" shouted Teayong raising his wand towards the snake, it was like from a different world when the huge silver light came, a stag left the end of his wand hurrying at the snake that left Taeil to attack the glittering being coming his way.

The world was torn the lake glistering while Taeyong was still too stunned to move.

A green light of a spell came from above his head hitting the snake, it fell on the ground transforming madly when the silver stag was slowly fading in the darkness.

Taeyong turned his head.

"Headmaster," he whispered when the man ran down keeling next to Taeil saying quick spells to stop the bleeding.

Taeyong was looking at his wand for a long moment unsure what has just happened, was it just a dream or...

Then he reacted running down the grass to see a horrible view. Taeil was one mass of torn flesh and blood while the thing that was lying a few meters from him made all hair on Taeyong's body stand up. It had Renjun's face, his skinny childish chest but there was a snake tail where his legs should be, owl wings instead of hands and a kitten tail crawling out from behind him.

The creature was shivering madly trying to move hopelessly while it seemed to lead a huge inner battle.

"What is it?" asked Taeyong so frightened by the sight.

"I don't know, I've never seen anything like this," Chen moved from Taeil's side stopping next to Taeyong above the struggling creature.

"An animagus?" Taeyong's voice was torn like broken.

"Impossible, you can transform into one animal only," headmaster Chen was very pale. "Go to the castle, wait in my office, I need to save my students first."

It was way past midnight, the phoenix was asleep, the portraits of Hogwarts ex headmasters snoring loud. Taeyong was sitting in a chair unable to grasp the last 24 hours or were it two decades. One was wiped off by Jaehyun, the second one...

He felt bad, guilty to the deepest layers of himself, he had caused it all by yelling at Renjun he had brought the snake out. Or was it just a matter of time?

The door cackled so he lifted from the chair.

"You can stay seated," headmaster Chen was very tired he walked to his armchair.

He laid the wand on the desk taking a long breath.

"I had two of my dear friends, healers from St. Mungo's to come immediately, they will keep it a secret. We can't make it leave Hogwarts right now, the risk is too big, there are wizards out there who can't know who Renjun is, and they can't definitely find out about his skills."

"Headmaster, what will happen to Taeil, will he..." Taeyong felt his throat scratching.

He never liked Taeil much, ok maybe he had been lying to himself all the time, Taeil, Yuta, Sicheng and Mark were like his family, the only family he has ever had.

He wouldn't stand losing any of them.

"He's very wounded, the poison is circling in his blood, the healers are doing everything possible, this night is crucial. I can't tell anything now."

"What about..." Taeyong stopped when Chen looked at him above the table.

"I had an emergency meeting with the stuff, we all agreed we have never seen or heard about magic like that. Everything tends to an animagus, but how can a twelve year old master such complicated magic, that's the first question, the second one is, how can a wizard be powerful enough to transform into three different animals?"

"What will happen now?" asked Taeyong.

"He got lost in the transformation, he will need to find his human side," the headmaster leaned his head on the armchair. "You probably want to talk about the spell you produced tonight?" he ask causing Taeyong to shiver.

Yes and no was battling in his head.

"I don't understand. I tried to lift your pen from the desk to use Accio for the books in the shelf over there, nothing was working. Why? This was... it was a full body patronus, I felt it, I felt some strange vibrations, a connection between my hand and the wand, why has it worked then?" Taeyong was sitting on the edge of the chair all hair on his body raised.

"Because you wanted to save Taeil's life. The urge to help your friend was bigger and stronger than your fear of using spells," Chen looked at him seriously. "We both know why you don't want to walk in your grand grand grandad's shoes, it means fighting dark wizards, it means responsibility, it means your friends will get involved and someone can get hurt on the way, someone can die, and you don't want any more people to die. You have enough of suffering for the rest of your life, I get it, as a squib you can just stay out of trouble, be invisible, avoid the risk, but there are moments in life when you can't hied anymore, when there are just two choices, to run away or to get up and fight, and you had faced such a moment tonight," Chen was looking straight at him so Taeyong looked away.

"This is not true headmaster, it sounds as if I'm lazy and a coward. Sometimes I'm trying so hard but I just can't make a spell, maybe it was this one time, maybe my wand acted by itself, I don't know, there must be a reason for it," Taeyong jumped up.

He saw a small smile on Chen's face, a smile that said it all.

"Goodnight!" Taeyong turned around he slammed the door shut before he ran down the circle staircase.

Thank you for all the feedback and support.

What do you think about Taeyong using magic? About his conversation with the headmaster? What about Renjun, what will happen to him?

Much <3