MIRANDA HERRON | 1

CHAPTER 1:
MIRANDA HERRON
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
HALO BY BEYONCE

REMEMBER THOSE WALLS I BUILT
WELL, BABY THEY'RE TUMBLING DOWN
AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN PUT UP A FIGHT
THEY DIDN'T EVEN MAKE A SOUND

Dear Diary,

Today was uneventful. Just like all the other days I have been living in this dumb foster home. Oops, I didn't mean that. (Sorry mom and dad) It's just I never get to leave anywhere. I'm nineteen for crying out loud! I should be able to go out and explore. Have a job, make friends, possibly live in my own apartment.
But no I'm struck here all the time, worrying whether if one of my foster sisters -Reece- is eating chocolate pudding behind the couch. You already know what happened last time she ate pudding. Vomit everywhere.
Anyway, I understand why mom and dad want to keep me here. I'm the oldest, most responsible. I take care of the little ones, while they go off on two day business trips and junk. And no, I'm not upset when they leave. I sometimes enjoy spending time alone with my younger foster siblings. But I wanna be free. And considering I already finished school, I have no reason to leave this place every morning.
Ever since I was dropped off here at the age of two, I haven't really experienced...