RELATIONSHIPS | 13

CHAPTER 13:
RELATIONSHIPS
SONG FOE CHAPTER:
EXCHANGE BY BRYSON TILLER

LAST TIME I SAW YOU WE AIN'T SPEAK THAT WAS STRANGE
GUESS IT'S NOTHING I CAN DO, MAN IT'S TRUE, EX'S CHANGE, YEAH
GUESS YOU CHANGED FOR THE BETTER
I KNOW YOU KNOW HOW TO MAKE ME JEALOUS
I WAS NEVER LOYAL, LET YOU TELL IT, YO
BUT I'M READY TO FIX IT IF YOU READY, BABY
BUT SO, SO

"We close in a few minutes, so wrap things up and start getting ready to leave!" David had announced throughout the mini café. Some of the people who were still sipping away at their drinks, or eating small pastries with their respected guest, had began to pack their things and exit. I sighed, before going over to an empty table and making sure that it was decently clean.

"You're doing great Miranda. But maybe could you go behind the counter and make sure that everything is placed neatly on the shelves below?" The voice of Aspen had seemed to speak behind me. And when turning around, I had indeed seen the familiar female standing before me with a bright smile. I looked around the café to see the last few people leave, while Jack was right behind them with a grin. He waved to them, before closing the door and flipping the sign to closed.

I rolled my eyes knowing what this is all about.

"Yeah" sure" I sigh, while grabbing a discarded plate and heading to behind the counter. She thanked me, as I walked away. And when actually about to walk into the back kitchen, not wanting to hear Aspen's cheap way of flirting, I had accidentally bumped into someone. The surprise run into made me drop the glass plate; making it land on the floor with a small shatter. A chuckle is what made me snap my head up from the mess I created.

"It's okay. I'll clean it" looking I could see that it was Brandon. My cheeks tinted red, as I clearly just embarrassed myself on my first day.

"T-Thank you" I manage out. I pushed past him and quickly dashed to the back kitchen. I couldn't have gotten any more weird and awkward.

Get it together Miranda!

I was only hiding out in the back for another ten minutes when Jack had called my name. I peaked my head out to see that he was waiting by the door...with Aspen.