DESTINY | 41

CHAPTER 41:
DESTINY
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
ALL TIME LOW BY JON BELLION

I, I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIX MY PRIDE
BUT THAT SHIT'S BROKEN, THAT SHIT'S BROKEN
LIE (LIE, LIE), LIE, L-LIE, I TRY TO HIDE
BUT NOW YOU KNOW IT

The Crosses flicked their wrist and Jake had disappeared from in front of me. My eyes went wide. But soon they were placed on the towering figures that were now standing in front of me. The main guy in front, bent down to be eye level with me. I moved back a few, suddenly feeling very cautious.

"You can relax now my child. It's time you learn what your true purpose is" the male spoke, raising his hand. And when closing his eyes, he snapped his fingers. Everything soon started to shake and I don't know if I was really moving or if it was all in my head.

Nevertheless I was eventually on the ground of a much darker place. And in front of me were three large chairs along with the three Crosses sitting tall in them; etched frowns on their faces. I looked around wondering where the hell I was.

"Where am I? Where are the others?" I asked the Crosses. They just looked at each other before nodding. And with another snap, Zach, Jonah, Jack and Daniel stood next to me. I immediately brought them in for a hug, forgetting all about my wounded wrist. It didn't stop the pain from shooting through me though. They all looked at me worried, inspecting my wound as well as they could.

"Miranda Herron. You were brought here to talk about your true self. Please listen and accept the fact that you are now considered one of us" The female spoke proudly. My jaw dropped as I looked at them. I'm a what? "Your destiny was to become a powerful werewolf and take a place up here with us. We just needed you to unlock your ability to shift first. And now that you have succeeded, we're waiting for you to accept the prophecy" the lady finished. I didn't like how it sounded.

"Your parents never wanted you to become a Cross, so they gave you away. They thought that we wouldn't be able to track you, but we did. And we're glad that you can finally take on the role" another male explained, before flicking his gaze to my brother beside me. He eyed him suspiciously before leaning back and relaxing. I watched them carefully. "I understand why they did, as this role is very hard to take on. It's full of responsibility and no regrets."

"What about my brother? My friends?" I questioned. They just looked at each other, mumbling words occasionally.

"Don't worry about that. You'll be able to see them. It'll be like you never left" the main guy answered. I didn't know what to say; think; feel.

Well actually all I feel is pain from my wrist, but that's okay.

"Alright, so how do I officially become a member?" I ask stepping closer. If I do this, then nobody would dare try to attack my brother and friends again. And if they do, then they'll be punished.

"Wait! Miranda, something about this doesn't feel right. Are you sure you wanna-" I cut Zach's warning off.

"Yes" I faced the Crosses again. "Tell me what to do."

"All you gotta do is dress pretty for your ceremony in a few days. We'll take it from there" The female smiled, making me nod in agreement. "Now be gone. You all have a baby to see" she snapped her fingers, making the world around me shake yet again. And soon enough, I was yet again in the same hallway where Christina and Corbyn's hospital room stood. The hallway was a mess and still very deserted. But now we can hear crying. And it wasn't from a baby.

Slowly opening the door, all of us entered to see Corbyn crying on the side of Christina's hospital bed. She looked lifeless, her eyes shut and all of the monitors shut off. It was just her laying there, with Corbyn beside her in tears. I could only think the worst. Daniel was the first to approach him, wrapping his slim arms around Corbyn. Corbyn jumped at the touch, but relaxed the second he seen that it was just us. He returned the hug Daniel gave him, his sobs getting louder.

"She's gone. She's actually gone" Corbyn cried out. And my fears were only proven by those words.

"Hey, it's okay. You still have a wonderful baby with you, right?" Daniel questioned, breaking their hug the slightest. Corbyn just nodded, smiling at the thought of his newborn child.

"Yeah, I do."

"Well, let her legacy live on through that child. She will forever be in our hearts. And right now she's looking down on you, proud that you blessed her with such gift. Yeah, she'll never physically get to see her child grow up to be independent and a strong leader. But she for sure is watching" Daniel explained, comforting Corbyn with his words. I myself was touched.

"Thanks Dani" Corbyn smiled as he planted a soft kiss against Daniel's lips. Oh my God, that was beautiful. Now all I gotta see is Zach and Jack make up and my life would be finally complete.

"Can I kiss you like that?" Jack asked Zach simply.

"No."

Jack pouted, making me laugh.

"Y'all wanna see her?" Corbyn asked, making me perk.

"You have a daughter? That's amazing! Now I won't be the only girl in the house!" I beamed.

Corbyn just chuckled as he tried to walk. But of course he was still in pain, so we all postponed the meet up with the new baby to get our wounds checked. And after that two hour wait was over, the six of us were soon being brought a child in a separate room. And when seeing the little girls' face, she looked exactly like Christina. It wouldn't be too hard to allow us to keep the memory of her alive. She was practically still with us.

And she was.

The baby was handed to me first. I smiled taking her in my arms.

"Why hello there. I'm your new auntie. It's great to have you here Mia" the baby just stared at me, before giving a small smile. I couldn't contain my own grin.

LOW, LOW, LOW, LOW, LOW, LOW, LOW, LOW, LOW, LOW, LOW
LIE, L-LIE, I TRY TO HIDE
BUT NOW YOU KNOW IT
THAT I'M AT AN ALL TIME
HEY!