PRETEND | 27

CHAPTER 27:
PRETEND
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
WE ARE HERE BY ALICIA KEYS

BOMBS OVER BAGHDAD, TYRNA' GET SOMETHING WE AIN'T NEVER HAD
LET'S START WITH A GOOD DAD
SO REAL BUT IT'S SO SAD
AN WHILE WE BURNIN' THIS INCENSE, WE GON' PRAY FOR THE INNOCENT
'CAUSE RIGHT NOW IT DON'T MAKE SENSE
RIGHT NOW IT DON'T MAKE SENSE

"Alright my amazing prize, it's your time to shine. All you gotta do is pretend to act lost and a little confused." Jake whispered in my ear. We were still down in his basement, me tied to a chair. But of course right now he's releasing me, telling me exactly how I need to look and how I need to act. But he's honestly funny if he thinks I'm following this stupid plan of his. When I get to my brother I'm telling him everything.

And then Jake would be taken down officially.

I rolled my eyes, while Jake yanked me up from the chair. I tumbled slightly, as I have no strength from loosing so much blood. And while being pulled up so swiftly, I had gotten suddenly dizzy. I grabbed the nearest stable item and took deep breaths. I could feel Jake staring at me. The second I heard a snicker escape his mouth, I knew he held some some sort of smirk. He honestly disgusts me.

"You don't even have to pretend. You already seem so pathetic" Jake snarled, while grabbing onto my arm and pulling me to his chest. I felt like throwing up. I balled my hands into fist and closed my eyes, again taking deep breaths. "Show time" he whispered to me, making me shiver. And he began guiding the two of us out of the basement when the door suddenly swung open revealing Erika.

She seems distraught.

"Jake, baby! They found us! And they brought Logan..." She trailed off and running a hand through her light brown locks. I smiled to myself. Or that was until I was on the ground, groaning at the impact. I didn't even try to sit up. I just shifted my head so I was able to see Jake and his reaction to my brother being here.

Let's just say his reaction wasn't the best.

"Get Emilio down here to watch her. I'll deal with the others" Jake growled, his eyes flashing a red as his fangs seemed to peak through. My eyebrows furrowed as his words seemed to finally process. Erika scurried up the stairs and I grunted trying my best to stand. Jake took one last glance at me before stocking up the stairs himself. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I reached my hand out hoping that would signal to stop him.

But of course, it didn't.

- Z A C H -

The people I would consider my pack stood in the middle of Jake's home, as his fellow members surrounded us with glares. I rolled my eyes waiting for Jake to actually show up. Every second that I just stand here waiting, made me want to tear this house up board by board until I find my sister. My wolf was getting impatient, causing my anger to rise severely. And if my wolf is angry, I fear Jonah's wolf is going ballistic.

I took a glance at him to see that he was chewing on his bottom lip harshly as he looked around eyeing everything and everybody.

Oh yeah, he's upset.

"Logan! Boys!" Jake smiled walking in, making an obnoxious entrance like always. My eyes narrowed at the sight of him. "Alissa..." He smirked and throwing a wink her way.

Oh God! I think I just might hurl.

They had a thing before...blah, blah, blah. No one cares anymore. He's mated and she obviously has eyes for our lovely and might I add, sexy Neels Visser. But that love mess isn't the reason we're here.

I pushed past everyone so I was practically chest to chest with Jake. My breathing increased as I glared at him.

"Where the hell is she?" I growl. Jake didn't even seem the tiniest bit afraid and just placed a mocking smile on his pale face. He tilted his head, while crossing his arms; a innocent look grazing his features.

"Where is who, Herron?" Jake asked. I balled my hands into fist getting ready to punch him square in the jaw. Luckily a hand was placed on my shoulder, and I was pulled back. Looking I could see it was Logan.

"Cut the shit Jake. Where's Miranda?" Logan spat, slightly pushing his brother so he stumbled back a few inches. Jake looked back at us a little offended, holding his chest as if he was truly wounded. He even laughed just the tiniest.

"Well, I don't have her. You really need to stop assuming I'm the bad guy big bro" Jake smiled brightly his fangs evidently showing, as his eyes flashed red.

He's lying.

I grabbed the collar of his shirt and took a quick sniff. And the second I caught Miranda's scent, I allowed my own wolf fangs to show and shove him to the ground. His eyes grew wide while people around us gasped just the slightest.

"Liar! I can smell her on you! Now where the fuck is she" I nodded towards Daniel. Or else that little spy of yours, will do more than just suffer?" I seethed, my voice deepening from my wolf begging to be set free. Jake seemed confused, before he was able to see Christina being throwing in front of his eyes. We had her tied up, while duck tape covered her mouth.

She just whines a lot.

Jake looked at Christina with shock for a few seconds, before smiling and standing to his feet. I watched his every move.

"I don't care. Let her burn in hell. After all, she was just a dumb spy that managed to get me all of your secrets, oh so easily. And let me tell you, you all can thank Corbyn for being so gullible" Jake smirked, beginning to circle around us. I still kept my focus on him, and it seems like the others did too. One of us here and there catching a glimpse at the other members of Team 10. "She told me you took her to the park and had a picnic as your first date. Too cute. Oh, and then you both star gazed. Sounds romantic. I just might take that idea. Thanks Corbyn" Jake winked, while Corbyn growled at him. He seemed to show no emotion.

"Where is Miranda, Jake?" Daniel spoke up this time.

"Like I said, I don't have her" he snickered. But that evil sound was soon gone as Jake was once again on the ground with Jonah on top, practically chocking him to death. Jake's face was red, as he clawed for air. We all kept telling Jonah to stop and even tried to pry him off, but nothing worked. Jake closed his eyes, stopping all movements of any sort. He even looked to have stopped breathing. Jonah slowly backed away, his body shaking. Everyone looked at the scene in shock and in horror.

Or that was before Jake snapped his eyes open, jumping up with a smirk.

WE ARE HERE
WE ARE HERE FOR ALL OF US
THAT'S WHY WE ARE HERE, WHY WE ARE HERE
WE ARE HERE