POSTIONS | 29

CHAPTER 29:
POSITIONS
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
CHASING THE SKY BY EMPIRE CAST

TAKE EVERY PIECE, EVERY PIECE OF ME
WHATEVER YOU NEED, MY MIND IS CHANGING
AND I CAN'T HIDE NO, BUT YOU KNOW WHERE I'LL BE
MOTHER

"Mom? Dad?"

I just stared at the two people I had grown up with. I watched as they quickly came over to me and engulfed me into a bone crushing hug. I melted at the familiar hold, knowing that this is what I needed. I needed a hug from my parents. And even if they were just foster parents, they surely felt real. They felt, looked, acted, just like real parents should. I wouldn't want anyone else.

"Oh, sweetie. We've missed you so much" my mother breathed when breaking the once comforting hug. I smiled, as I could feel tears beginning to brim the edges of my eyes. "What happened? Why do you look so pale? So skinny? Are those boys keeping you safe?" She then blurts, looking at my terrible form.

Jake when he was taking my blood at least switched me out of that blue dress and into something more fitting. It being a loose shirt and plain pajama pants. My make up was probably smudged by now, along with my hair probably sticking up in all different directions.

I began to get dizzy from the rush I just went through. I clutched onto my mother, trying my hardest to take deep breaths. She realized my state and made sure I was standing still. Loosing that much blood really takes a toll on someone.

"Hey, what's wrong with her? Why is she like this?" I heard my dad then question quickly. He was eyeing Emilio with a frown. Emilio instantly grew scared and began to fidget with his fingers. He was stiff as he opened his mouth to speak.

"S-She was attacked. She lost a ton of blood. Please help her" Emilio managed to choke out.

"You need to rest. Come on, I'm taking you guys home. Get your energy back. You can explain later, alright?" My mom replied, nothing but care lacing her tone. I nodded humming just the slightest.

"T-Thank you" Emilio squeaks.

It wasn't long before I felt my body being placed in the back of the foster home's family van. I laid across the seats, Emilio sitting right beside me. I had scoot ever so slightly so I was able to rest my head on his lap. He stiffened at the touch, but relaxed soon after. He placed his hand on my head, before trailing his fingers through my hair. It was soothing. And I could even feel my eyes droop.

"So, tell me random guy my daughter knows...do you like kids?" My mother asks, a giggle escaping right after.

- Z A C H -