CROSSES | 11

CHAPTER 11:
CROSSES
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
SMOOTH CRIMINAL (COVER) BY GLEE CAST

THERE'S A SIGN IN THE WINDOW
THAT HE STRUCK YOU - A CRESCENDO ANNIE
HE CAME INTO YOUR APARTMENT
HE LEFT BLOODSTAINS ON THE CARPET
THEN YOU RAN INTO THE BEDROOM
YOU WERE STRUCK DOWN
IT WAS YOUR DOOM

"Uh, guys! They're here!" Daniel yelled out, shaking lightly. He placed himself far against the couch, making me coward back next to him. Soon the sound of feet had came running in all directions; it only being a few seconds before all the boys were now in the main room looking at the three towering people in front of us.

No one said anything. It was just the guys death staring the Crosses, as the Crosses glared back. And the minute Zach had began to open his mouth, one of the men had raised his hand and clenched it into a fist. The guys and I all began groaning, clutching our stomachs in agony. Whatever the guy was doing with his hand, it was not the best thing. It was like he took that hand and shoved it in me, twisting my stomach around.

Not fun at all.

"Okay, please! We have mercy!" Jack yelled between cries of pain. "Just stop" he squeaked out after and falling to his knees. The Crosses seemed to be thinking it over, before giving a sigh and the guy dropped his hand. I felt so much better. I threw my head back breathing heavy.

"It has been reported that you all have been breaking our number one rule. NEVER expose our secret" the women now spoke with a booming voice, causing me to move more into Daniel's grasp. "And not to mention, you've also been disrespecting us and how we work" she finished and raising an eyebrow, eyeing all of us.

"We promise we never did any of those things. It's Jake trying to get you on our bad side. He's the one you should be really looking out for. He's been crossing over our territory without permission, along with threatening us to get him people to feed on" Corbyn now explained and running a hand through his dyed blonde hair.

"Understandable. But he told us that you've been spreading all of our secrets to some female" a different man that seemed to be the leader faced me. "This female to be exact" he observed me as if he was staring into my soul.

"We can explain!" Zach piped up and taking defense. He stood in front of the couch so the view was blocked between us. The same guy placed his hand up, as to tell Zach not say another word.

"No need. I know exactly who she is. I've known her ever since she was born. Your parents and I, used to be very close. Now I can see exactly why they didn't want her to grow up like us" he said with no emotion. But when the two of us locked eyes, something didn't feel right. His dark, almost coal like eyes, seemed deadly.