WOLF | 35

CHAPTER 35:
WOLF
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
STAY BY RIHANNA

ALL ALONG IT WAS A FEVER
A COLD SWEAT-HEADED BELIEVER
I THREW MY HANDS IN THE AIR, SAID, "SHOW ME SOMETHING"
HE SAID "IF YOU DARE, COME A LITTLE CLOSER"
ROUND AND AROUND AND AROUND AND AROUND WE GO

I was just about to write the first few letters to my next journal entry when there was a sudden knock at my bedroom door. I place my pen down and stare at the white barrier keeping me and the others apart. I haven't talked or even looked at them for the past two days. If I needed to use the bathroom, then I would do my business before heading back towards my room. And if I was hungry I would get my food and eat it peacefully; then go straight towards my bedroom. If the boys even tried to talk to me, I would just shrug them off. There were a couple times where I almost broke, but I kept my pride up and never said a word.

They said they stopped helping Jake, but I know they haven't.

I would hear their discussions about who was to go out and capture the next person. Plus I've been keeping tabs on the news a lot more.

"Miranda? Can I please come in?" It was the familiar voice of my brother. It broke my heart to hear how desperate he wanted my forgiveness. But I can't give in. Not to a bunch of traders who decided to give Jake innocent people to feed off of. It wasn't right. So still staring at the door, I didn't say a word. "Please" he now whispered as his voice seemed to crack just the tiniest.

"Go away!" I finally shouted. My own voice sounded foreign as I officially spoke from what seemed like forever.

"Miranda, if you just let us explain. You need to understand why we decided to help Jake. Why I decided to help Jake" I heard him let out small sobs.

"Come on, babe. Give her some space" a different voice I knew as Jack now spoke up. Movement was heard, along with louder cries escaping Zach. I felt tears prick my own eyes. And when I heard a door slam close, I jumped the tiniest.

My emotions got the best of me as I shoved my journal away from me. I kicked and squirmed all over my bed suddenly feeling really angry. I stood to my feet and started pacing back and forth, allowing my thoughts to corrupt me. And while I was in mid pace, my phone had gone off. I stopped all together and seen that it was a call from my foster mother.

Why didn't I call her sooner?

I immediately moved to grab my phone, answering it without hesitation.

"Why are the boys texting and calling me saying that you refuse to leave your room?" She answered once the call finally connected. She genuinely seemed confused.

So they didn't tell her anything. It only fueled my anger even more. They have no right to call my mom and act as if I'm in the wrong.

"I'm doing it for a purpose mom" I sigh, gripping my bed sheets. My breathing is starting to pick up and my thoughts were running wild. I could feel my second half begging to be let out.

My wolf.

"Well what is the purpose sweetie? Something wrong?" She now speaks not only confused but concerned. She had no idea what I was going through. My leg bounced rapidly as I was also gnawing at my lip; feeling the slightest of blood on my tongue from biting so hard.

"It doesn't matter. It's nothing, really" I reply taking a deep breath in. I had to leave this house. I needed to run. I needed to run far away and not turn back.

"Miranda. I'm not stupid. Tell me what's going on. You're not pregnant are you? Oh my God, is one of the boys the father? Please tell me it's Jonah's" My mother ranted frantically, making me calm a tiny amount. I was still on the edge of breaking though.

"No mom, I'm not pregnant. But I gotta go. Talk to you later" I say quickly. I ended the call before she was allowed to say another word and slammed my phone to the ground.

I placed my face in my hands, rocking back and forth. Everything was swarming my brain. And it hurt so much. I gripped at my hair, tugging at it hoping the aching pain would go away. It didn't help. I once again stood to my feet and started rambling to myself. It was all nonsense as everything around me started to move a lot slower. The world started changing color as everything suddenly seemed only black and white. I could hear my name being shouted in the distance but I couldn't tell who or where it was. I put my attention to my petite form that stood in front of my body length mirror. I opened my mouth to see sharp teeth getting ready to poke through. Loud banging was going on in the background.

It got louder.

And louder.

Everything hurt and felt weird.

I dropped to the ground groaning. And just as all the sound went silent, I snapped my head up. I was looking at my reflection once again in the mirror. The only color I was able to see was my electrifying blue eyes and bright red ones behind me. I quickly stood to my feet and pushed past Jonah. I heard him calling out behind me, but I didn't stop. I ran through the house and straight out the front door. And just as my body was met with the bright rays of the sun, I was closer to the ground.

I looked down to see that where my hands used to be, there was now paws; with fur mixed between grey and white.

"Miran-woah!" The voice of Jonah called out once again. I looked at him and let out a whimper. "Please come back inside. We understand what you're going through! It's not safe when you're under a lot of pressure like this."

I looked between him and the forest not too far away. And with a simple snarl, I took off into the forest I still don't know too much about.

IT'S NOT MUCH OF A LIFE YOU'RE LIVING
IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TAKE IT'S GIVEN
ROUND AND AROUND AND AROUND AND AROUND WE GO
OH NOW, TELL ME NOW, TELL ME NOW, TELL ME NOW YOU KNOW