SAVED | 17

CHAPTER 17:
SAVED
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
WONDERLAND BY NATALIA KILLS

I'M NOT SNOW WHITE
BUT I'M LOST INSIDE THIS FOREST
I'M NOT RED RIDING HOOD,
BUT I THINK THE WOLVES HAVE GOT ME
DON'T WANT STILETTOS
I'M NOT, NOT CINDERELLA
I DON'T NEED A KNIGHT SO BABY TAKE OFF ALL YOUR ARMOR

When I said that pizza rolls were the best creation in the entire world, I didn't think that such opinion could lead me here. I mean come on, why did God and Jesus have to take such offense to a single thought I made while eating the delicious snack? Like seriously, if they didn't want me to say it, then they should have never gave that singular person that created such deliciousness, the idea to begin with. Because now here I am, tied to a rusty metal pole, in some random person's basement, probably looking lifeless.

And to be completely honest, I felt lifeless.

All my muscles ached. I was basically drained of blood at this point. And I was starving.

Rye doesn't even bother feeding me anymore.

The basement door had creaked open, making me squint at the sudden light brightening up the dark room. I couldn't tell who the figure was, as their face wasn't clear. But I do know that it wasn't Rye as this person seemed a lot smaller in frame. Still being a little cautious, I backed up towards the wall and rustled at my restraint for about the hundredth time.

"It's okay. You're going to be okay" I knew that voice. The person had gotten closer to me and squatted down to my level. I tilted my head hoping to figure out who was saving me. Luckily I didn't have to wait too long as the familiar scent of my brother filled my nose.

"Zach?" I croaked. He didn't respond, but instead messed with the rope keeping me tied down. The feeling of something on my wrist soon disappeared and I was brought to my feet. I quickly fell to the ground though, as I no longer had strength in any part of my body. I heard a low growl escape Zach's lips; and he again helped me off the ground. My arm was around his shoulders, while his arm was around my waist guiding me towards the stairs.

He took me all the way through the house until we ended up near a glass door. I'm assuming it was a back door.

"Almost there Miranda. Just stay with me for a little longer" Zach muttered out. I groaned a response back.

I soon felt my body being pushed to the ground. I landed with a grunt and my head smacking hard off the grass and dirt beneath me. I tilted my head to the side hoping to see what the cause of my forming headache was. It was Rye and Zach attacking each other. Zach was changed into his wolf form, while Rye allowed his sharp fangs to show. My vision started to get blurry and everything seemed to be spinning around me. I shifted my sight until it landed on the sky laying above me. It seemed to be dimming, letting the world know that it was going to be night soon. I tried so hard to keep my eyes open.