NEW GIRLS | 38

CHAPTER 38:
NEW GIRLS
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
MEDICINE BY QUEEN NAIJA

I DON'T THINK YOU'LL UNDERSTAND
UNTIL I HIT YOU WHERE IT HURTS
SO I GUESS I KNOW WHAT I GOTTA DO
GIVE YOU A TASTE OF YOUR OWN MEDICINE

"Just take these meds and I won't chase you around anymore!" Zach yelled as he continuously tried to run after my fleeting form. I refused to take my medical pills I was assigned to take twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night. The pills are supposed to help with headaches or any aching pain that my wolf may feel; but all they do is make me extremely tired and hungry. I haven't been able to leave anywhere and occasionally have the two nurses who took care of me do check ups.

I hated when they came.

All Jonah would do is make googly eyes at the Tate girl. My jealousy would rise every burning second she was in the same room as me. Only because I know she's a nice person. Cares for others and has a nice over all shape to her. It pains me emotionally when I see Jonah not holding that once love and warmth for me. His eyes seem to dim even more when he looks at me. It's as if he doesn't even know who I am. Like I'm just some random girl they see on a daily. Plus her assistant Gabbie is another wall being built between my brother and Jack. They've been even more distant, while having occasional stupid fights.

It's annoying and I hate it.

The front door opened and I quickly made my escape that way. But just as I was almost out the door, I had ran into a much more built form. I felt my body stumble; or that was until I had been stilled by two warm hands. I finally focused my vision on who it was to see it was Jonah. He held a bright smile, making me also smile. Or that was before I seen who stood next to him.

Speak of the flipping devil.

"Miranda, come on! Oh hey, Jonah? How was your date?" Zach speaks out of breath. But I didn't even care as I processed what he had just said.

Date? Date? Date! That word quite literally punctured a hole in my heart. I frowned completely as I went to grab my medicine from Zach. And with a huff I stomped my way to my bedroom. I slammed the door close, throwing the pills to the floor.

I plopped down on my bed, closing my eyes as my heart pounded rapidly. My mind was exhausted, when actually taking the time to relax. And just when I thought I could have a simple amount of time alone, my bedroom door had swung open, before closing. I sniffed the air taking in the scent of Daniel but with a hint of sweat. I scrunched my nose at the smell, moving my head to look at him.

"Why do you smell like sweat and...sex?" My eyes widened while Daniel went red in the face. "Oh! You and Co-" he cut me off, while taking a seat at my desk chair.

Good choice.

"Stop right there! I'm not discussing this part of my life with you. But yes, he finally marked me" Daniel smiled slightly as he pulled on his shirt, showing where a bunch of black and purple marks lay, along with a faint bite mark right in the crease where his neck and shoulders connect. I gasped at the sight, but couldn't help but let out a little squeal. I'm happy for him. Even if my own emotions were going haywire.

"So are y'all official mates now?" He nodded. "Oh Dani, I'm so happy for you!" I bounced and giving him a bright smile. But it was brought down when he just eyed me suspiciously.

"I didn't come in here to talk about me. I came in here because I knew you would act depressed the second you found out Jonah went on a date with Tate" Daniel replied. I frowned. Am I that readable? And he knew about their date too?

Welp, might as well lie for as long as I can.

"What? No. I'm fine. See I'm fine. Totally fine" Daniel rolled his eyes at my words.

"No you're no-" he was cut short by a yelling come from below. It seemed to slowly increase in sound as the voices drew closer.

"You obviously don't know what or who you want! There you go talking up another female right in front of me! When you're finally ready to be with me and only me, just know I'm waiting" the familiar voice of Zach screamed before my door was once again opened and then slammed shut. He made sure he locked it.

"Zach, stop acting like this! Come on, come out so we can talk!" Jack replied while banging on my door. Daniel and I looked at each other before turning to look at an upset Zach who just laid on the floor sprawled out like a starfish. His eyes were glossed over and his lip quivered slightly.

Now I feel bad.

The banging went away, along with footsteps proving that Jack had left. And the second they did, Zach let his silent tears fall. Both Daniel and I immediately laid next to him and wrapped him into a tight hug.

"Why does it hurt so much? Why can't he just man up and say he wants to be with me? He shows me, so why can't he say it?" Zach blurts while a sob escaped his lips.

"If I knew, I would tell you" I speak honestly while thinking over all my own emotions.

Jonah's my mate. I'm dating Brandon. Jonah's dating Tate. He's losing his love, while I'm gaining it. It hurt my brain just to think about it. How the hell am I going to fix this?

ALL OF THOSE YEARS I CRIED
I CAN'T COUNT THE LONELY NIGHTS
TIME AND TIME AGAIN I'VE TRIED
SO WHEN I TURN INTO A SAVAGE BOY DON'T ASK ME WHY

×××

I've recently joined two new group accounts, so if you want you could go follow them. One is: corbynsconstellation and on that account I've currently created a new book called Road Trip. Maybe you'll like it. And the other is: -Maybewrite I haven't made any books yet, but I promise there will be. Thanks and until next time...