DANGEROUS | 44

CHAPTER 44:
DANGEROUS
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
WARRIOR BY DEMI LOVATO

NOW I'M A WARRIOR
NOW I'VE GOT THICKER SKIN
I'M A WARRIOR
I'M STRONGER THAN I'VE EVER BEEN
AND MY ARMOR, IS MADE OF STEEL, YOU CAN'T GET IN
I'M A WARRIOR
AND YOU CAN NEVER HURT ME AGAIN

I had just gotten done with applying one last layer of lip gloss, when my door had opened, revealing both Zach and Daniel. They held emotionless faces, nodding to prove that it was time. I let out a small breath, knowing what I had to do today. I gave a weak smile back, grabbing a bit of my floor length dress so I wouldn't trip over it.

As I approached the two boys near my bedroom door, Zach placed his arm out with a smile. I giggled a little as I took the offer. Daniel walked in front of us. We went down the stairs, eyes of the others soon meeting us. My cheeks tinted red when I got cat calls from both Corbyn and Jack.

Daniel even had to go up to Jonah and elbow him in the side.

The older caught the hint and walked up to me. Zach dropped his arm, stepping back so he stood beside Jack. Jonah reached for my hand, gently smiling. I too gave a grin.

"You look beautiful tonight" he whispered. I felt my face burn up once again as I looked in a different direction. I faced him once more when I couldn't contain the large smile on my face.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself" I winked as I dropped our hands and went over to the others. I lightly caressed Mia's small head, before frowning slightly. "So where are they?"

The boys all faced the doorway, where tall figures in robes had suddenly popped up. I scrunched my face, obviously a little weirded out by their entrance. The Crosses just stood there though, as I cautiously walked up to them. And as I was face to face with the man in front, I looked back to see Zach and Jonah weren't too far behind. I gave them a small head nod and sigh as I faced the Crosses once more.

"Are you, Miranda Herron ready to accept your prophecy?" The man in front asks, his voice booming the slightest. I shook in fear a little.

"Yes. I'm ready" I grin before it dropped back down into a frown.

"Good. Let us begin" The woman spoke this time, before she waved her hand around. Everything turned dark before I was yet again met with the strange place from before. I looked around to see it was a lot darker though, only a few torches of fire bringing light to the place. I then looked to see where the others were. They were a distance away, locked in some cage.

Good thing Corbyn was stuck home with Mia.

"What the hell? Let them out!" I said angrily. The Crosses just looked down on me.

"Sorry, but they'll just ruin what we have planned" the second male stated. And with a snap of his fingers, the familiar faces of Brandon and his pack had entered. They slowly approached me, making me step back. I kept going until I had bumped into a wall. Fear struck as that wall then began to chain me to it. I couldn't move my hands or feet.

I should have never wore this dress.

"What is this? Let me free!" I yell out, trying to yank at the restraints. It was no use. I then looked at the others to see that they kept banging and tugging on the bars of the cage. I glared at the Crosses and even the other five boys who I thought I could trust.

"Your prophecy starts now!" the main guy shouted as he rose his hand, the other two doing the same. Their hands all started glowing different colors. And the more they started chanting words, the more my insides began to feel like jello. What were they doing to me? "You are to release your soul to me! Give up everything and truly become one of us!"

My eyes stung with tears as the burning sensation seemed to grow. I clenched my fist, the pain being too much. The three Crosses approached me and placed their hands on my forehead, chest and stomach. I let out a cry, the tears free falling down my face. And time seemed to stop as I heard my own brother scream out in pain. All heads turned to him as he was now on the floor panting heavily. The Crosses watched Zach closely, taking his own pain as something highly interesting. They once again continued this hurtful procedure, my shouts mixing with Zach's curses. They stopped once more.

"This can't be. We're never wrong" the main male muttered quickly as he and the other two stepped back. Brandon and his crew stepped up.

"What's happening? This wasn't part of the deal" Zion growled out.

"You'll get your precious power. Just not from her" he snapped his head to the cage of my friends. "From him. He's the real Cross. Hidden in plain sight. Well played Herrons. Well played" the main guy smirked evilly. He waved his hand, allowing the wall to drop me from it's hold.

I gasped for air as I collapsed to the ground. I felt someone grab onto me, I looked to see that it was Brandon. Almost instantly I yanked my body away and focused my attention on the Crosses. They approached the large cage, where the three other boys gathered around Zach to protective him.

"Get away from them!" I shouted out, standing to my feet. I gasped when I felt my body move until it was in the tight grasp of the main male. His large hand was wrapped around my neck as he lifted me off the ground. I clawed hoping to gather air.

"You can't stop me" his grip got tighter. "They can't stop me" tighter. "Which means I will do as I please. Even if that means taking your life" I was beginning to see spots.

This is the end for me.

- Z A C H -

I watched the scene in horror.

I couldn't just let her die. I promised to protect her.

I pushed past the others, standing in front, my grip tightening on the barred cage.

"Let her go! Please! Do what you want with me! Just please..." I choked as salty tears cascaded down my rosey cheeks.

"Zach! No, there has to be another way" Jack quickly interfered. I looked at him through my blurry vision. I grabbed his hands.

"I'm sorry. Just know I love you" I say softly, bringing him in for a small kiss. He kept his eyes closed as I stepped back and went back to facing the Crosses. "Take me instead. I promise you can do whatever you want. Just don't kill her."

The main Cross and I had a stare a down before he dropped Miranda to the floor. I gasped in shock as I watched her practically lifeless form lay on the cold ground. I bent down, in hopes of being able to reach out for her. I wasn't able to as I soon was out of the cage completely and in the spot Miranda was once in. My wrist and ankles were restrained to a wall. The Crosses nodded at each other before they raised their hands once again. I cringed at the feeling it gave me. I stared at the others knowing that nothing would be the same after this.

But all pain subsided as I seen Brandon hovering over the main Cross.

I'VE GOT SHAME, I'VE GOT SCARS
THAT I'LL NEVER SHOW
I'M A SURVIVOR
I'M MORE WAYS THAN YOU KNOW