JAKE PAUL | 39

CHAPTER 39:
JAKE PAUL
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
FOURFIVESECONDS BY KANYE WEST FEATURING PAUL MCCARTNEY AND RIHANNA

NOW I'M FOURFIVESECONDS FROM WILDIN'
AND WE GOT THREE MORE DAYS 'TIL FRIDAY
I'M JUST TRYNA MAKE IT BACK HOME BY MONDAY MORNIN'
I SWEAR I WISH SOMEBODY WOULD TELL ME
OOH, THAT'S ALL I WANT

I was just getting out of the shower, when the door had burst open and a obviously fightened figure came in, closing the door and breathing heavy. I shrieked, clutching the towel to my body. The person who I recognized as Corbyn jumped at my sudden scream, but soon kept his composure and relaxed.

"Okay, so you are here. Good. Put clothes on and follow me" he rushed while waving his hands obviously telling me that I should hurry. I just eyed him.

"Why? And plus you're here, I'm not changing in front of you" I reply, clutching my towel tighter. Soon a loud bang was heard along with growling. My curiosity grew. Especially when Corbyn's own eyes flashed grey. "Hey, what's going on?"

"No time to explain. Get dressed in the shower or something. Hurry, we gotta leave immediately" he rushed me once again, while shoving my form until I was behind the curtains of our white bathtub. He threw my clothes at me, once again telling me that I needed hurry. I did what was asked of me, stepping out and tying my hair in a messy wet bun.

"You're done. Okay, let's go. And be quiet" Corbyn spoke after grasping my hand firmly. He slowly opened the door, cringing when it gave off a little creaking sound. The bangs and growls had gotten louder but I still couldn't see what was happening. Corbyn lead us all the way down the stairs and almost to the back door, but was stopped by a voice I knew all too well.

"Miranda. Why, you get even more beautiful every time I see you" the one and only Jake Paul smirked. Corbyn stood protectivly in front of me, but the movement only entertained Jake. "And from where I'm standing, I can tell your blood has also gotten a lot tastier" he popped his fangs out now while his eyes flashed red. Corbyn himself shifted into his wolf and let out a deep growl.

Shift Miranda. Shift and run while you can.

But of course, I can't.

Corbyn ran to attack Jake, but was easily knocked to the side. I watched as he landed into a wall, his body not leaning in the way it should. Jake chuckled and began walking closer to me.

Okay, you can do it Miranda. Shift and attack. It shouldn't be that hard. Just do what you did last time. Let your emotions loose control. Be free.

I closed my eyes, suddenly feeling very angry. I looked at Corbyn who was getting up, whimpering when he placed one of his paws down. It only fueled the fire burning within me. I started thinking about everything Jake and Rye have done to me. I started thinking about my parents and how they gave me up. I thought about Jonah and Tate. My vision was no longer clear of color as I was also closer to the ground letting out a low growl. Jake stepped back, shock evident in his eyes. But his expression was soon back to it's cocky ways.

"Aw, you finally learned. Hit me with your best shot Herron" I didn't waste a second of running towards him. But instead of attacking him like expected, I went around him and bent down to Corbyn's aid. I nudged him with my nose. He just shifted and let out a low grown, holding his leg. I looked back at Jake to see him stalking over.

"Come on Corbyn. Get on, I'll bring you somewhere safe" I say while again nudging him. He let out a scream as he moved, but managed to get on my back. And with a single glance back at Jake who looked angry and confused, I took off running, knowing that the youngest Paul brother was right behind me. I went through the house seeing that it was completely torn apart. Claw marks were everywhere and things were broken. But discarding that and focusing on the fact that I have no idea where the boys were, along with Corbyn and I having a blood thirsty man chasing after us, I kept running until I entered the forest.

I ran until I spotted a familiar house that belonged to the other Paul brother Logan. And when nearing I could see a larger fight in the process. Vampires versus werewolves.

Oh, this is going to be fun.

I ran all the way to Logan's house, passing the scene and quickly placing Corbyn down on the ground. Feet were heard and I stood around him just like he did me. The unknown figure soon approached and I could see that it was only Ayla. Quickly I shifted back, giving her a worried look.

"His leg seems to be hurt. Maybe you could help?" I say, while motioning towards a very distraught Corbyn.

"I think it's broken" he hissed as he moved it just the tiniest. Ayla moved to his aid, instantly inspecting the wound. The sound of a phone going off is what stopped all our movements. It was coming from Corbyn's pants pocket. Upon realizing it was him, he hesitantly pulled it out and answered the unexpected call. "Hello."

His eyes widened. He gave a few short answers before he ended with an "I'm on my way." I looked at him as he tried to get up. Ayla instantly shoved him back down with a scowl.

"You can't move. It'll make it worse. We'll get you to the hospital the second Logan comes back saying that Jake and his crew left" Ayla states firmly.

"But I gotta get to the hospital now! Come on, help me up!' He replied obviously rushing. He was moving too fast.

"No you don't. Just stay put and-" she was cut short as Corbyn yelled over her.

"Christina is giving birth! WE NEED TO GO NOW!"

The room was silent.

"Oh, is she?" Jake's sly voice spoke up. We all turned to see him standing only a few steps away. And with a wink he took off. It only made the three of us look at each other in concern.

We most definitely need to go to the hospital now.

NOW I KNOW THAT YOU'RE UP TONIGHT
THINKIN' "HOW COULD I BE SO RECKLESS?"
BUT I JUST CAN'T APOLOGIZE
I HOPE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND