TEAM 10 | 28

CHAPTER 28:
TEAM 10
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
CASTLE BY HALSEY

OH, ALL THESE MINUTES PASSING, SICK OF FEELING USED
IF YOU WANNA BREAK THESE WALLS DOWN, YOU'RE GONNA GET BRUISED
NOW MY NECK IS OPEN WIDE, BEGGING FOR A FIST AROUND IT
ALREADY CHOCKING ON MY PRIDE, SO THERE'S NO USE CRYING ABOUT IT

Or that was before Jake snapped his eyes open, jumping up with a smirk.

- Z A C H -

To say I was surprised by the sudden fake death was an understatement. I couldn't even tell you how I felt as it all moved so fast. One minute I thought Jonah killed Jake, and the next Jake's standing before us looking insane. Yeah that's a great word.

Insane.

Jake walked up to a still shaking Jonah and pushed him up against a wall. Right after the slamming, the rest of Team 10 must have took that as a cue. Not even seconds later everyone was attacking each other. I was forced to the ground as a familiar face was hovering over me, their fangs blaring while their eyes shown a bloody red. I quickly shifted to my wolf, slipping from their grip. I now stood on my four legs, flashing my many sharp teeth through a growl.

"Aw, little Zachy is trying to be scary. How cute" the one and only Chance Sutton chuckled. I let out a deep breath, launching at him. He managed to move quick enough, and I went right past him, my claws digging into their once slick boarded floors. The fact that I missed him, made me frustrated. "Come on, Herron. Show me what you got" he said after and pushing his sleeves up.

I shook my fur out, before wrinkling my nose and tightening my gaze on the cocky male before me. I stood tall, taking slow cautious steps towards him. And just when I was at a good distance I circled him, while he curiously watched my every move. Occasionally I would motion that I was going to bite at him, making him flinch back. And I was actually going to attack, but was taken off guard by a voice.

"Zach watch out!" Turning my head I could see that it was Daniel. He yelled it before getting shoved by someone else. I watched his limp body for a second before my instinct went back to the danger I might face.