HELPING HANDS | 36

CHAPTER 36:
HELPING HANDS
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
FRIENDS BY JUSTIN BIEBER FEATURING BLOODPOP

KNOW YOU'RE WONDERIN' WHY I BEEN CALLIN'
LIKE I GOT ULTERIOR MOTIVES
KNOW WE DIDN'T END THIS SO GOOD
BUT YOU KNOW WE HAD SOMETHING SO GOOD

I ran and ran and ran. I have no idea where I was going, but I sure as hell didn't care. My breathing pace had increased greatly as my legs had carried me nowhere but everywhere. Thoughts and arguments still swarm all over in my head as I passed many trees and bushes. My ears twitched at every sound that I came across while roaming the highly dangerous forest. It was getting darker and I was completely and utterly lost. I looked at different trees hoping to figure out where I could be. A marking means I've entered a new territory.

So where the hell are these markings?

I stopped in my spot, hoping that I could figure out where I was. I looked left and right, but not a single thing. My head was spinning greatly. Everything began to shift back into color and my adrenaline wasn't as furious as it was only a few minutes prier. I just noticed how weak and drained I really was. I took deep breaths as everything went by so quick. I kept looking around hoping to find a sign, yet nothing. I took a few more steps forward, perking as a white strip began to glow on a tree only a few feet in front of me.

I smiled to myself and started taking off in that certain direction. I didn't know who's territory I just entered, making me pray to God that it isn't anyone like Jake or Rye. The thought of what they've done to me, makes my skin crawl. I kept running though. And just as I found myself stepping on hard gravel, I noticed the house I had approached.

Logan.

I slowed down my steps, feeling my body shift back into my human form. I grinned weakly as I looked at my now once again pale hands. I walked up to Logan's front door raising my hand to knock. I couldn't focus on what I was doing as everything suddenly seemed to shake. I had gotten a huge headache, along with my vision blurring the quickest second before refocusing. And taking the whole thing as a rush, I once again raised my hand to knock on the hard wooden door.

A small "give me a second!" was shouted as I waited patiently at the door. But a sudden ringing engulfed my hearing as I hunched over in agony. The ground once again seemed to move, making me stumble a little. And my eyesight kept flicking between color and neutral tones. It scared me a little. I had no clue on what was happening. And just as the door opened revealing a smiling Ayla, I collapsed to the ground. Her once happy expression shifted to a worry one as she hovered over my body.

"Oh my God, Miranda!?" She shouted. Her form was nothing as I shut my eyes, allowing darkness to engulf me.

- J O N A H -