KEEPING SECRETS | 33

CHAPTER 33:
KEEPING SECRETS
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
BEST MISTAKE BY ARIANA GRANDE FEATURING BIG SEAN

MAYBE I'M THE SINNER, AND YOU'RE THE SAINT
GOTTA STOP PRETENDING, WHAT WE AIN'T
WHY WE POINTING FINGERS, ANYWAY?
WHEN WE'RE THE SAME

I walked down the steps to hear all the boys whispering rather quickly to each other. But soon those whispers stopped once I took my last step. Their heads turned to me, seeming to be hiding something. They've all been acting like this for the past three days. And honestly, it was quite irritating. I just wanted to know what was going on. I hope it doesn't have to do on why Jake let them go so easily

Because if I do say so myself, he set them free a little too quick. And villains never let their hostages go unless they have a plan to make up for it.

"Oh, hey Miranda. We're not hiding anything. No, you're hiding something! Stop pestering me! I'm going to go lay down..." Daniel dragged off as he squirmed in his spot, before dropping his head and quickly making his way up towards the rooms. I furrowed my eyebrows watching him leave.

"Anyone wanna explain what that was all about?" I question looking back at the four other boys and making my way to the couch. They watched me carefully, which I found highly uncomfortable.

"Oh, you know Dani and his randomness" Zach replied while waving it off as if it was nothing. The others nodded, making me shrug. If they weren't going to tell me what was going on, then I just won't care. Me not caring could probably save me from getting kidnapped again.

"Alright" I eyed him. I reached for the remote to the large TV. Almost instantly Jack grabbed it from my hands, throwing it across the room. I looked at him in shock and disbelief. "What the hell Jack?" I reach for another remote. He grabbed that one too and threw it again. "Okay, what is wrong with you all? You've been acting strange ever since we've came back from Jake's."

Jonah came to my side and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"Nothing's wrong. We're all just still a little on edge from everything that went down. Even Logan is taking time off to think everything over...and he's on an everyday grind" Jonah explains. I didn't believe him for one second, but shook my head in understanding anyway.

The moment between us was nice. Or that was until it was ruined by the doorbell going off.

Corbyn perked making it known that he was going to be the one to go answer it. And the second I heard the familiar voice of my boyfriend echo through the house, I broke out of Jonah's grip and went towards the door too. Brandon and I met halfway, him instantly wrapping me in his arms upon arrival. I giggled at his cuteness, while leaning in to give him a quick peck on the lips.

Still nothing. I feel nothing.

"Oh my gosh, Miranda did you hear?" Brandon perked as soon as we retreated back to the main room where the boys were now doing their own things. I looked at him confused, but that wasn't the only emotion I was feeling at the moment. There went that jealousy, making me swiftly look at Jonah, giving him a faint glare.

His emotions were mixing with mine.

I watched as he shrugged his shoulders before looking down at his phone. Even if he acted like he didn't care I was with someone else, I surely felt he did.

"No, what happened?" I ask putting my attention back on Brandon.

"Apparently two adults suddenly went missing last night. It's all over the news. The reporters said that they were a couple coming back from a date night. It wasn't until they walked past an alley way that they suddenly were gone" Brandon explains, his enthusiasm suddenly booming. It wasn't happy enthusiasm as that would just be cruel. But he definitely shown emotion from the information. I myself was speechless.

"You know, I suddenly have to go check on Christina and her pregnancy. After all, she's due soon" Corbyn blurts, standing to his feet while pulling out his phone. We all watched him go up the stairs. "I'm just not ready yet..." He whispers to himself. Wow, this baby was really getting to him.

"I think I'll head up too. Watch a movie or something" Zach chokes and standing to his feet as well.

"Can I join?" Jack jumps up a smile grazing his features. Zach gives him an unsure look, before nodding slowly. It brought Jack's smile down just a little, but he still grabbed hold of Zach's hand and dragged him up the stairs.

"I guess I'll go too. Make sure those two aren't going to start a fight about who doesn't love who" We eventually heard Jonah sigh after. I felt my whole expression fall. I watched him stalk up the stairs, before he was no longer in sight. My attention was eventually drawn away as Brandon spoke once again.

"Well that was weird."

"Tell me about it" I snicker. Brandon cracked a smile too, grabbing hold of my hands and swinging them back and forth. A silence surrounded us, but I didn't mind. "So a couple mysteriously disappearing was the only reason why you suddenly wanted to visit?" I ask nudging him lightly.

"Of course not! I also came to do this" he smirks before leaning in and leaving a kiss against my lips. I smile into the kiss, making him break it. I bit my lip, before grabbing hold of his neck and yet again bringing him in for a kiss. I would have said it was a passionate kiss, but again there was nothing there. I wonder if he was thinking the same thing as me?

This relationship was simply platonic.

We broke apart once again, as I guided him to the couch.

"We could be watching TV, but Jack threw the remotes somewhere" I laugh gently. Brandon shook his head in amusement, pushing his glasses back up the bridge off his nose.

"It's fine. I think this is better anyway" he smiles and wrapping an arm around me. I snuggle into his side, not even wanting to agree with that statement.

'CAUSE YOU'RE THE BEST MISTAKE I'VE EVER MADE
BUT WE HOLD ON, HOLD ON
THERE'S NO POT OF GOLD IN THE RAINBOWS WE CHASE
BUT WE HOLD ON, HOLD ON