THE WOODS | 7

CHAPTER 7:
THE WOODS
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
MY KIND OF LOVE BY EMELI SANDÉ

'CAUSE WHEN YOU GIVEN UP
WHEN NO MATTER WHAT YOU, DO IT'S NEVER GOOD ENOUGH
WHEN YOU NEVER THOUGHT THAT IT COULD GET THIS TOUGH
THAT'S WHEN YOU FEEL MY KIND OF LOVE

I walked into our shared house still a little on edge. And it seems the others were too. We never got to actually eat our food; we just left the the restaurant leaving the waiter and waitress their respected money along with a nice tip. It sucks because I actually wanted that meal. I was looking forward to it, ever sense I looked at the picture. I felt my stomach growl just thinking about it.

I groaned while removing my heels. I held them in my hand, while making my way towards the kitchen. I dropped my shoes somewhere on the ground, while opening the cabinets hoping to find something I could snack on. I managed to find a box of strawberry pop-tarts. I stood on my tippy toes hoping to grab it, but couldn't because of my height. I groaned in annoyance trying my hardest to grab the blue box. I soon froze when feeling a hand being placed on my waist along with that someone pressing their body against mine. I turned my head the slightest to see that it was Jonah.

"Need help?" he whispered huskily near my ear. I shivered at such feeling before nodding my head. I knew if I opened my mouth I would let out something embarrassing.

He took his other hand that wasn't rested on my waist and reached for the box with ease. He placed it down in front of me, before stepping away completely. Almost instantly I wanted him back. His body was keeping me warm. Especially with how I was still wearing this tiny dress. I grabbed a package from the box that carried two pop-tarts, before turning around about to begin my journey towards my bedroom. But I was stopped upon seeing and hearing two out of the five boys arguing, while the other three just stared.

"I'm sorry and you can defend her all you want, but just know I don't believe a single word that, that bitch is saying."

"Don't call her that! Why am I even arguing with you about this? If she says she has nothing to do with why they shown up tonight, then she didn't."

It was Daniel and Corbyn.

Corbyn was standing protectively in front of Christina, while glaring at Daniel. His eyes holding that same grey color as before. Daniel was simply looking back. His arms were crossed while his eyes shined a bright yellow. I furrowed my eyebrows.

What happened?

"I think I'll just head home" Christina spoke up quietly. Daniel rolled his eyes, before looking down at his feet. He seemed to mumble something, but I couldn't quite hear it. It seems Corbyn did as he growled. Daniel stepped back at such sound, almost frowning right after. The front door slammed shut, making the entire living room soon fall silent. I looked at the other three boys to see that they were just as upset as Daniel.