BACK TOGETHER | 45

CHAPTER 45:
BAD AT LOVE
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
ME & YOU BY TYLER WILLIAMS FEATURING COCO JONES

I SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU BUT I NEVER HAD THE COURAGE
AND I THOUGHT YOU REALLY WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND
AND NOW I'M HERE JUST TO LET MY FEELINGS SURFACE
APOLOGIZING FOR DISGUISING WHO I AM

But all pain subsided as I seen Brandon hovering over the main Cross.

- Z A C H -

"Get off of me you runt!" The Cross spat angrily before pushing Brandon off of him. Brandon landed a few feet away, collapsing right after. I looked at his pack to now see that they all had fire burning within their eyes. They each shifted, growling obviously extremely angry. They crept up to the three Crosses and surrounded them, their teeth blaring greatly. The Crosses just chuckled obviously unfazed. "You four think you can beat us. Funny."

I rolled my eyes.

I again pulled at the restraints hoping they would loosen even the tiniest. I was shocked as I seen that I managed to wiggle my hand a little. I looked back at the scene to notice that the the Crosses were too busy with the guys to even notice me. No wonder I was able to move. They're letting their guard down; which means their powers aren't as strong. They can only focus on one thing. And that thing being that they have to protect themselves from the four werewolves that slowly got closer.

I kept moving my wrist, them eventually being set free. I looked back at the cage to see the others who were watching the scene as well. Or that was until I started to focus my attention on Jack. Usually my deadly stares make him feel uncomfortable. And he knows it's my stare. So when he soon looked at me, I couldn't help but smile the tiniest. He was about to speak, but I quickly motioned for him to shush. He did as told.

I bent down to my ankles and started to fidget with those straps. I didn't make it too far as a hand was soon wrapped around my throat. I choked, but soon noticed that it was Gabbie. She held a menacing smile.

Oh, how I hate her.

"Where do you think you're going, cutie?" She spoke sweetly. I raised my hand and slapped at her tightening grip around my throat. She chuckled at my actions before she once again held a death glare. I reached for my back pocket and pulled out a pocket knife. I shown it to her, before winking and throwing it in the direction of the others.

"Edwin!" I managed out. His wolf form perked and caught sight of me. I motioned towards the knife and he didn't hesitate to go for it. "Bring it to Jack! Now!" I let out next.

I flicked my gaze back towards a dazed Gabbie. Her grip loosened, giving me the chance. I reached for her hand and twisted it, almost completely snapping it. I punched her in the eye, her dropping to the ground. I once again went for my ankle restraints and messed with them until I was free. I fell down, almost right after getting up. I was going to go help Edwin with cage but was brought back by another force.

I looked to see that this time it was Tate.

Oh, now I just despise this bitch.

She had me by my collar. I turned around, throwing my fist at her. She easily caught it, smiling wide. I threw my other fist, which she get again took hold of. I raised an eyebrow before dropping down and tripping her. She landed on the ground with a grunt, causing me to snicker. I then kicked her so she laid on her stomach. I grabbed for her wrist and strapped them behind her. She obviously had other plans as she flipped back over, making me go tumbling. I landed on my back, staring up at her form. She was just about to attack when she was soon thrown back a lot further than she should have. Tate hit a nearby wall, falling to ground and just laying there.

I was in shock. But then I smiled when I had seen my saviour was Miranda.

"I really did hate her" Miranda pants. I jumped to my feet, bringing her in for a hug. She weakly returned it.

"I could tell" I chuckled back. She gave me her own smile.

This ends now.

- M I R A N D A -

I brought Zach back over towards the cage, seeing Edwin now opening it. The other three were set free, bringing us into hugs. But our reunion was cut short as a loud war cry was heard. We turned to see the other boys were backing away as a bright light began to blind us all. I myself suddenly felt like my insides were burning again. I looked to see that Zach too was curled up just the tiniest.

"What's happening?" I asked through the pain. Jonah went to my side, making me instantly clutch onto him. Everything that hurt suddenly faded. I looked up at Jonah in surprise. Never has he healed me that fast as mates.

"Are you alright?" Jonah wondered as he stared back down at me. I never spoke but instead looked at him holding my shoulders.

I pushed him away to only get the pain once again. I didn't hesitate to grab onto him once more. The pain subsided and I looked right back at Jonah. This didn't make any sense. I held onto Jonah's hand as I placed my other hand on Zach's shoulder. He stopped wincing to stare at me in awe. He stood up straight just as confused as me.

"It's gone. H-How did you do that?" He asked. I shrugged.

Another cry was heard, and we all looked to see that the three Crosses were now one giant monster. We all freaked, taking steps back.

"I still need your soul Zachary!" The deep voice from the giant whatever shouted.

Why do they need a soul?

I looked down at the chest of what now is the three Crosses. There was nothing but a giant black hole. I furrowed my eyebrows clearly confused.

Where was their heart? Their being?

"You don't need anyone or anything as long as you have power!"

I perked as I dropped my grip on both Jonah and Zach. I started to feel the pain once again hit me. But this has to be done.

"Miranda! What are you doing!?" Daniel screamed out. I look back at the others, tears stinging my eyes.

"Giving them a soul" I weakly reply as I got closer. I could hear them giving shouts of protest, but my main focus was on the horrific monster in front of me.

If I die, at least it was for a good cause.

I soon was in front of the three Crosses. I raised my shaking hand, placing it against their chest. I closed my eyes.

"I love you."

YOU'RE SPINNING ROUND AND ROUND IN MY HEAD, HEAD
DID YOU REALLY MEAN THE WORDS THAT YOU SAID, SAID?
THIS IS IT I GOTTA KNOW?
SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO
SHOW ME THE TRUTH