YOU'RE LYING RIGHT? | 4

CHAPTER 4:
YOU'RE LYING RIGHT?
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
RUNNER BY WHY DON'T WE

I JUST NEED A LITTLE TIME
TO PROVE TO YOU THAT I'M ON SOMETHING DIFFERENT
I KNOW YOU'VE BEEN HURT BEFORE
BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO RUN FROM ME I'M ON YOUR SIDE

I snap my eyes open, taking caution at the sound of a loud slam. But when hearing the extra noise of footsteps and voices, I just assume that it's the boys entering the house. For the past three days, I realized that they leave some time late at night and reappear early in the morning. The slamming of the front door being an example of them coming back. I've made it my goal to figure out where they head off to at night.

I am certainly not living in a house that has five boys, who could be possible serial killers.

Rolling onto my side, I squint my blurry vision towards my alarm clock. It read eight thirty in big bright red numbers. I groaned in annoyance, knowing I wouldn't be able to fall back to sleep and get one extra hour in. So throwing my covers to the side of me, I tense at the cold air hitting against my skin. I soon relax and get up, beginning my journey towards the bathroom as a rush of liquid began to hit me, begging to be let out. I step outside my room into the hallway that held three more rooms. Two being bedrooms and at the end being the bathroom. I casually started heading towards the last door when a loud booming voice made me jump. I furrowed my eyebrows as that same loud voice started getting angry. So switching directions, I made my way towards the steps, peaking over them.

There standing before me was my five roommates all obviously annoyed. But the one who was the angriest was Jonah. His breathing was increased, while his features where etched into a frown. All his muscles were flexed as if he was ready to attack anyone who even dared touching him. I just wanted to go up to him and do anything to make him less tense. But what caught me the most, was that his eyes were a bright red that held determination.

I squeaked at the sight, before freaking out on how I've might've been caught. As soon as the sound rung through the house, the boys snapped their heads in my direction. I quickly stepped back, hiding my tiny figure.

I didn't move, feeling my heart pounding harshly at my chest. And it only increased as movement was heard coming in my direction. I closed my eyes praying that they didn't catch me. Luckily Daniel had called everyone over to look at something. I sighed and mouthed "thank you" to the ceiling.

"They can't do this!" Zach shouted with a small growl following right after. I was surprised at such attitude. From what I know, Zach seemed too cute and cuddly to get so upset. I didn't even know he knew what anger was from how innocent he seemed.