IT HURTS | 26

CHAPTER 26:
IT HURTS
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
MONSTER BY EMINEM FEATURING RIHANNA

NO, I AIN'T MUCH OF A POET BUT I KNOW SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME
TO SEIZE THE MOMENT DON'T SQUANDER IT
'CAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN IT ALL COULD BE OVER TOMORROW
SO I KEEP CONJURING, SOMETIMES I WONDER WHERE THESE THOUGHTS SPAWN FROM

I was slapped in the face. It didn't hurt. It didn't hurt because I've been in the position too many times already. I don't think I can feel pain anymore. I don't think I can feel anything anymore. I might express what I'm feeling through bodily actions; but that's because our minds are programmed to do that. My body feels that emotion, but I don't necessarily feel that emotion. Not anymore at least. I think I lost all connection to other people and even myself when I was handed over to the foster home.

Not saying that the foster home was a terrible place.

I would never. It's not the best thing though. Knowing that my parents had to give me up. The only thing I understand is that they gave me up for protecting reasons. Reasons I still have yet to uncover. Reasons I don't think Zach even knows about. Which is also another point on why I found myself a lot more closed off. Not only did my parents just up and leave, but they never decided to tell me that I had a younger brother. They could have at least sent my foster parents a letter and picture, so I wouldn't have mixed feelings when finally first meeting him. Or better yet, they could have put him in the foster home with me.

But he was born for a reason. He was born to protect me.

And he's doing a terrible job at it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm growing to appreciate and respect my brother. Maybe even growing to love him like normal siblings should; it's just the thought that he was able to live more of life than I was, is highly upsetting. He was able to have the life that I wanted. He was able to do all the normal things a teenager should. Of course with his big secret of being a werewolf and everything. Crazy part is, I'm not even mad about figuring out that I'm part animal. I should be though, right? I mean, that's one of the biggest things anyone has ever kept from me.

But I'm not.

I can't feel that anger.

I'm more angry for not having a real family like normal people.