THE FOSTERS | 30

CHAPTER 30:
THE FOSTERS
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
GOOD PEOPLE BY EMPIRE CAST

SOMETIMES IT'S HARD TO PRAY
SOMETIMES IT'S HARD TO STAY GRATEFUL
IT'S PAINFUL, HURTS SO BAD
SOMETIMES IT'S HARD TO BREATHE
IT'S HARD TO KEEP GOIN'
WE KEEP HOLDIN' ON TO WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN

I jump awake the second I hear a loud bang. I look around hoping to find the source of the sound, but found nothing but an empty main room. I quickly get off the couch and make my way to where the sudden noise was heard. It being the kitchen. I stumbled a little, but I managed to make it. And upon entering, I had seen Emilio picking up a few metal bowls, along with my foster mother sweeping some type of powder off the floor. I sighed, glad that no one was hurt or in trouble.

I walked further into the kitchen just as Emilio had stood up with the multiple bowls. He glanced at me and smiled. I grinned back, taking a seat on a stool at the island. I crossed my arms before plopping my head down on top of them. I was still severely drained, and knew I needed a few more hours of sleep. Maybe even a nice amount of food that will clench my aching hunger. Now that I'm thinking about it, I could really go for a burger right about now.

Damnit! Now I'm hungry!

I groaned, making my foster mother lightly chuckle.

I felt the stool next to me screech across the kitchen floor, and soon a body being placed in that seat. I lift my head and look to see that it was just my mom. Emilio stood awkwardly on the other side of the island in front of me. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering why all attention was suddenly on me.

What was going on before I came in?

"So..." My mom nudged, lightly pushing at my arm.

"So, what? Mom, you know I don't like being left in the dark about things" I whine and dropping my arms from the counter. She shook her head, another smile on her face.

"You? I'm the one still wondering why your father and I found you looking to be dead last night. So spill it" she replies, a cocked eyebrow and playful grin playing on her face. I look between my mother and Emilio before sighing.

"I was kidnapped. And my kidnappers used me for blood purposes. I lost a lot. And if it wasn't for Emilio, I probably would have been dead right about now" I explain, fidgeting with my fingers out of habit. My mom didn't look too convinced as she tilted her head, eyeing me dangerously. But after a while, she smiled brightly engulfing me in a hug.