BACK AND LIAR | 32

CHAPTER 32:
BACK AND LIAR
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
LIE BY NF

YOU JUST WANT SOMEBODY YOU CAN CHILL AND GET SOME DRINKS WITH, COOL
THEN DON'T HIT ME ON THE WEEKEND, TELLIN' ME YOU MISSED THE WAY WE TALKED AND NOW I LISTEN, YEAH
WHY YOU PLAYIN' WITH MY MIND, HUH?

"Alright, just act cool and no one should get suspicious on why we were gone for so long" Jack explains as he guides me into the local café. I shook my head, proving I understood. He mimicked my nod, before pushing the glass door open, hearing the chime of the bell going off upon entering. I straightened my shirt out the second I see our boss give us a serious stare. And my nervousness only increased as he put a dirty plate down and walked over to Jack and I.

David stopped in front of the two of us, before placing his hands on his hips and eyeing the both of us. I swallowed the lump in my throat, suddenly in the need for a glass of water.

"I haven't seen you two, in days! What gives? Don't start making me have to think about letting people go" David speaks first. It must of set some type of trigger off for Jack as he perked almost instantly.

"No sir! You don't have to do that. Miranda and I, are just dealing with some home issues at the moment. It's very chaotic and we just needed a short time off to deal with those issues" Jack answered quickly, messing with his fingers sheepishly. David looked at Jack sharply, before flicking his gaze to me and staring as if trying burn a hole with his eyes.

Eventually he removed his stare and sighed.

"Alright, fine. But please don't pull an act like that again. Business is very fast now a days, and I can't have my workers up and disappearing" David spoke, patting Jack on the shoulder. Jack shook his head in understanding. And with that, our boss gave a grin before walking away to the back. I released a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"Oh, thank God. I felt like I was going to explode" I say quickly and grasping onto Jack's shoulder dramatically. He chuckled at me, until he went silent. I looked at him to see why he stopped laughing. He was staring at someone himself.

Brandon.

"Maybe you should go talk to him? Explain what happened" Jack states simply. I put my attention to the floor.

Explain what? That I was kidnapped and used for blood.

Yeah, great conversation.