PLEASE BE OKAY | 18

CHAPTER 18:
PLEASE BE OKAY
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
WHO KNEW BY P!NK

IF SOMEONE SAID THREE YEARS FROM NOW
YOU'D BE LONG GONE
I'D STAND UP AND PUNCH THEM OUT
'CAUSE THEY'RE ALL WRONG

- Z A C H -

"Zach slow down, she's going to be fine. We're going to save her" Daniel said to me. I shook my head though and only ran faster until I stood on the front porch of our house. I returned to my human form and waited until both Jack and Daniel were with me. And the second they shifted themselves, I turned the knob to the door and stormed in hoping to find a way to help save my older sister.

I made my way towards the main room where I heard most of the chaos. I had seen Jonah, Corbyn and Christina all gathered around Miranda shouting at each other. I went up to Miranda who was laying almost lifelessly on the couch. She seemed to be sweaty, her breathing slowing every second. I looked at her neck where Rye bit her to only feel my anger for him rise once again. I grazed the marking, trying to find an answer.

"I can't help her, if I don't know what he did exactly! Either he took all of her blood away, making one of you have to donate. Or he simply just poisoned her, making me have to bite her again to strip that toxin from her body" Christina explained to everyone in the main room. I snapped my head towards her. Jonah himself stepped in front of her, leaning down with a straight face. Christina seemed to look scared.

I mean I would too.

Jonah mad isn't the best thing.

"Figure it out then" he muttered through gritted teeth.

"Okay" she squeaked for a reply. She moved around him and crouched next to me, observing Miranda's bite mark too. I watched as her eyes flashed red before returning to their normal brown. She nodded, standing up once again and looking at the others. I followed her lead curious of what she knows.

"Well, what's wrong with her?" I blurt obviously anxious.

"I don't know. Usually a vampire would leave a marking around where they bit, to prove what they did...but I can't read this one. Then again, Rye always has been two steps ahead of everyone" Christina explained. I don't think I've ever been so devastated.

"I'm going back there and he's going to tell me" Jonah growled. "One way or another" he finished while cracking his knuckles. He was about to walk out the door, but Jack stopped him.