PARTY CRASHED | 23

CHAPTER 23:
PARTY CRASHED
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
BATTLEFIELD BY JORDIN SPARKS

ONE WORD TURNS INTO A WAR
WHY IS IT THE SMALLEST THINGS THAT TEAR US DOWN
MY WORLD'S NOTHING WHEN YOU'RE GONE
I'M OUT HERE WITHOUT A SHIELD, CAN'T GO BACK, NOW

All of us all sat at a huge round table, casually talking like we have no care in the world. And honestly we didn't. Or well the others didn't. I was still a little curious and on edge, wondering when Jake decides that he wants to suddenly show up and ruin everything. My thoughts were suddenly changed when two more male figures pop up in nice tuxedos and bright smiles. Brandon was the first to speak to them.

"Edwin! Zion! I haven't seen you both all party" Brandon exclaims and giving both men a handshake.

"Sorry about that. Dad made me stay and work on the sound system because he couldn't fix it himself" the shorter male spoke. He had amazing mixed color skin. His dark brown eyes just beamed with excitement, making me assume he was rather childish. He had dark curly hair that was styled nicely upon his head. And when seeing him smile, it was just perfect. His teeth even seemed to glow under the thousands of lights in the room.

"And I just watched him. This party sucks. I'm telling you, next year your dad needs to do something less classy" the other male replied bluntly, before grazing his face with a smile. He was more on the taller side. He too had amazing mixed color skin, that just complemented his features. He had dark brown eyes, along with dark hair to match. His hair had dyed blonde ends, which laid flat against his forehead from him placing a hat over his head. I'm assuming Brandon knew these two personally.

The shorter guy just rolled his eyes.

"I agree with Z here. Tell your dad to step up his game Ed" The familiar voice of Jack snickered. The shorter guy I'm now assuming as Edwin, looked at Jack before scrunching his nose childishly. The other guy that I'm guessing as Zion just gave Jack a fist bump.

Okay so they all know each other.

"You and your pack are one of the reasons why my dad keeps it classy. I'm surprised you and your friends are even in here" Edwin fired back. Jack sucked his teeth before smirking.

"Thank Brandon. He gave us a free pass" both Zion and Edwin snapped their heads towards my respected date.

"You're the one who let them in? You know I don't like trash near the refreshments" Edwin stated jokingly.