OH GREAT | 14

CHAPTER 14:
OH GREAT
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
THE GREATEST BY SIA

WELL, UH-OH, RUNNING OUT OF BREATH, BUT I
OH, I, I GOT STAMINA
UH-OH, RUNNING NOW, I CLOSE MY EYES
BUT, OH OH, I GOT STAMINA
AND OH YEAH, RUNNING THROUGH THE WAVES OF LOVE
BUT I, I GOT STAMINA
AND OH YEAH, I'M RUNNING AND I'VE JUST ENOUGH

I backed up a few steps towards the door, while Daniel had moved in front of me; as if guarding me. And he only seemed to tense when Jake stepped closer. It didn't faze Jake at all obviously, as he just chuckled and kept getting closer.

"Don't you dare touch her" Daniel growled, when the two were face to face. I watched Jake roll his eyes before he shoved him into a wall. My eyes widened, while my breath hitched. Daniel slid down the wall, almost looking lifeless. Jake snickered before again making his way towards me.

"Leave her alone!" I heard Zach now yell out. Looking I could see that he was strapped down by two people. So were the others.

And when suddenly feeling a presence in front of me, I flicked my vision from my friends to Jake who was now chest to chest with me. I had backed up a few steps more, before I had bumped into something. I turned my head to see that it was a guy. He held a blank expression, before grabbing hold of both my arms. I instantly began to struggle within the tight hold the random guy had me in.

"Stop struggling princess. You're just going to make it worse" Jake said softly near my ear before backing away and caressing my cheek. I flinched under such touch; a scowl soon etched onto my features. He then grabbed hold of my chin, making me spit in his face. He let go, but he didn't seem pleased. His face turned red as I soon felt a stinging sensation come across my face. We met eye contact again and I began to glare. He looked like he was going to hit me again.

"Stop! Don't hit her!" Jonah screamed out. I put my attention on him now, causing the two of us lock eyes. His eyes flashed red, making me suddenly feel a lot better. But of course that sweet moment was over the minute Jake had to be his obnoxious self.

He began to clap with an evil smirk etched on his features.

"Oh, how sweet. The two of you being all lovey dovey. She's a real keeper Marais. No wonder why you two are mates" Jake snickered.

So I was right. We are mates.

FOCUS MIRANDA!