WEREWOLVES | 9

CHAPTER 9:
WEREWOLVES
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
FREAK BY LITTLE MIX

DON'T WANT TO MAKE ME SORRY
CAN'T YOU SEE YOU AIN'T MAKING A FOOL OF ME
BOY, IT'S INSANITY, YOU BETTER RUN

I peaked my head outside of the bathroom, hearing small chatter in what I presumed was the main room. I quietly but quickly make my way in the direction of all the voices, not wanting to keep them waiting. And when upon entering the view of everyone, all mouths seemed to shut; while all eyes were placed onto me. They all stood up, instantly knowing what they had to explain next.

And to say about myself, I wasn't ready to hear what was about to be said. I wrapped my arms around my body, suddenly feeling very insecure and shy.

"Uh, sorry for the wait" I apologized and taking a few more steps into view. I watched Logan push Zach in front of me. He looked extremely nervous. He fiddled with his fingers for a bit and even seemed to swallow a lump in his throat, before finally looking me in the eyes. I smiled at him for reassurance.

It seemed to boost his confidence. Just a little.

He twiddled with his fingers obviously very nervous. He soon looked at me though and opened his mouth.

"You're a lot more than you think. You're not just my plain older sister" Zach explained as he guided the two of us towards the couch. The other four boys gathered a chair nearby and took a seat, wanting to see my reaction. I can tell they want to know if I'm deciding to run off, or stay and possibly live happily. From what they heard I have been through, I might not even know what happiness is anymore.

And I don't.

"Than what am I?" I moved a stray hair from my eye sight and glanced at all of them with worried looks. I didn't like where this was heading and was actually starting to get scared. Especially with what I just witnessed in the dark forest.

"Exactly what I am. What we all are" Zach replied and grabbing my hand. I jumped at the touch, making my younger brother pout lightly. They all looked at me with little frowns. They obviously didn't want me to feel any negative emotion really. I respect that. Maybe if I agree to stay, then maybe they could help me get used to this whole not just a human thing.

"A-A werewolf."

I removed my hands from Zach's grip and shifted a little so we weren't so close. My brother's frown deepened even more, making me look at everyone else. They looked just as upset, knowing I shown even just the tiniest bit of fear. But I wasn't scared of them. I mean I am, but I wasn't entirely afraid of them; I was more scared of what I was.

Did my foster parents know about this?

Is this why right before my mother left she asked my foster mother to protect me?