UNEXPECTED | 40

CHAPTER 40:
UNEXPECTED
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
HOLLOW BY TORI KELLY

SO HOLD ME
WRAP ME IN LOVE, FILL UP MY CUP
EMPTY AND ONLY YOUR LOVE CAN FILL UP MY CUP
'CAUSE I'M HOLLOW

Corbyn was clutched tightly to my neck as I ran through the large forest and back streets so I wouldn't be caught. The boys and Logan with his pack were right behind us, keeping on high alert for Jake or anyone who belonged to his crew. And when we all officially made it, Corbyn got off my form, leaning up against the hospital wall, as I shifted. The others did too, before we all looked at each other in determination.

"We'll keep watch. Take Corbyn in to Christina" Logan spoke motioning towards him, Neels and Alissa. We all nodded.

"Yeah, we'll be in the waiting room also having our eyes out" Jonah spoke with nothing but a scowl lacing his features. We once again shown that we agreed to such command arrangement, before going to get in our needed positions. I went up to Corbyn and allowed him to lean on me, his arm wrapped around my shoulders. He was a lot heavier than he looked. Luckily Daniel helped.

We walked into the large building known as the hospital, almost instantly getting attention from strangers that were there. The boys and Ayla went to the waiting room, while Daniel and I brought Corbyn to the front desk. The receptionist upon seeing us let out a small gasp, but quickly changed her emotion to something less frightened.

"Uh, how may I help you? Or more how may I help him?" The lady asked hesitantly and eyeing Corbyn in worry. He waved her off though and slammed his hands down on her desk, making her jump just the slightest.

"Room for Christina Harris. She's giving birth and I'm the father!" He said with a small groan at the end. His face was twisted up in pain. Him practically calling out for help. It didn't stop the lady from quickly researching the room for us though. She seemed to scared not to.

"Room 314. But no on-" she was cut off from us walking away with a quick "thanks."

We walked down many different hallways, Corbyn being the reason why we were so slow at getting anywhere. Eventually we did make it. The door was closed and seemed to be locked, but when we knocked, a stand by nurse dropped her clipboard to the side and instantly came to the door. The second she opened it, loud screams of agony were heard.

"Ugh, get this baby out of me!" She screamed making me cringe.

If this is what pregnancy is like, then I better get my tubes tied now.

"We are currently delivering a baby-" she too was cut off from us speaking.

"I'm the father. Let me in" Corbyn states with a serious face. The lady observed him for a few moments but eventually letting him in.

Maybe it was from Christina's screaming demands?

We guided him to a chair that was beside the bed, before hurriedly exiting the room. The door was slammed in our faces, making me mumble incoherent words about how she was rude. And just as I was about to lean up against the wall, I was thrown to the ground. My back hurt severely, while a pounding in my head quickly started to form.

"Miranda!" The worried voice of Daniel yelled. I opened my stunned eyes to see that the one and only Jake was hovering over me with a smirk. I squirmed under him, explaining that he needs to get off. I turned my view just the tiniest to see Daniel now in his wolf form, creeping up on Jake. But just as he was about to attack, he himself was thrown into a wall. The impact made a dent. I seen his attacker was none other than Chance.

"What are you even doing here, Jake? Christina and her baby have nothing to do with you" I snarl while again trying to wiggle out of his tightening grip. It was only making me angrier, allowing my wolf to take control. Jake got up, bringing me with him. He now held me by my throat against the wall.

"You're right. Her baby doesn't concern me. But if I had such possession of child, I'll have you, Corbyn and the rest of your little pack in the palm of my hands. You won't hurt me, all because you won't hurt that child" that made my blood boil. He was going to use such an innocent soul for protection on himself.

"You lowlife bastard" I spat in his face. He just chuckled before kneeing me in my stomach. I dropped to the floor, groaning in pain.

How dare he hurt a women.

I looked to figure out how Daniel was doing, but he was no longer in the room. Neither was Chance. I swear I'll cut a bitch if needed. I frowned in agony when I seen Jake start to walk towards the hospital door that held the two new parents. I couldn't let him do this. So getting on my hands and knees I looked at the ground in anger.

You can do this Miranda. Just shift...

It wasn't too long this time that I needed to stress before I could only see black and white. My hands are now paws and a low growl escaped my much larger mouth. It made Jake stop directly in his tracks. The hallway was silent as I just stared at Jake's back. I heard him let out a low chuckle.

"I still find it cute that you think you're tough now. Well if so, why not show me what you can do, yeah?" He said.

Him and his stupid words.

Why couldn't he just fight me like a normal villain?

But either way he finally faced me, making me stand tall. I blared my many sharp teeth, watching as he stalked his way over.

I watched his every move. His every breath. Everything that made him tick. And the second I seen him twitch his fingers, I acted on instinct.

I dashed towards him, instantly biting his wrist making him hiss out in pain. He then shoved me against the wall, digging his sharp nails into the side of my body. I pushed him away though and bit his leg, jumping to scratch his face with my own claws. He stumbled back, rubbing at his cheek seeing that there was bloody running effortlessly. His eyes flashed a deep red as his expression only twisted to hatred.

"Oh, you little bitch."

Yeah, like I haven't heard that one before.

He used his speed and tackled to me to the ground. He grabbed my front leg and snapped it a different way, making me howl out. Then he took a blow to my face, causing a few splurts of blood to escape. The energy was practically gone from me as I shifted back to a human. I curled in a ball, holding my probably broken wrist close to me.

Jake let out a cackle as he pulled out a knife.

Oh no, I'm too young to die now!

But before he could do anything, he let out a cry and dropped to his knees.

"I hereby strip you from all connections to the vampire you once were. You will serve time in our dungeon and we'll decide your punishment from there" a deep and booming voice spoke. I looked through my blurred vision to see that it was the three Crosses standing before me.

I CONFESS, MY WEAKNESS
TIL YOU PICK UP THE PARTS THAT ARE BROKEN
POUR OUT YOUR PERFECTION ON ME NOW
AND HOLD ME