LETTING GO | 31

CHAPTER 31:
LETTING GO
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
I FALL APART BY POST MALONE

SHE CUT TOO DEEP, NOW SHE LEFT SCARRED, YEAH
NOW THERE'S TOO MANY THOUGHTS GOIN' THROUGH MY BRAIN, YEAH
AND NOW I'M TAKIN' THESE SHOTS LIKE IT'S NOVACAINE, YEAH
OOH, I FALL APART
DOWN TO MY CORE

"This is where they live?" My foster mother wondered as she turned her head to a large house. Both Emilio and I looked at the house too, before nodding. I released a deep sigh. "Well, let's get to it then. No turning back now" she finished while opening her car door. But of course before she could step out, my foster father stopped her.

"Hold on! I feel like you should wait in the car. I don't want you getting hurt."

My mom just looked at him in annoyance. For a mother who looked cuddly and nice, she was rather strong and confident. She wasn't really scared of anything, unless it consisted of one of her children getting hurt. So with an eye roll and scoff, she got out the car; slamming the door shut in the process. I looked at my dad, to see he looked worried. He looked back at me, causing me to shrug. And with a shake off his head the rest of us exited the van.

We went up to the front door, my dad being the one who knocked. And you might be thinking: Miranda what the hell is your plan? And to answer you, I have no flipping clue! My parents said they had everything under control. Emilio and I were to just act innocent. Only a few minutes later, the door had swung open revealing a boy who looks almost exactly like Emilio. He smiled brightly.

"Emilio?" He said barely above a whisper. Emilio just shook his head and ran up to hug his twin brother. "I was worried. I thought Jake had done something."

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I came to take you away from this place...forever" Emilio replies. And before we could possibly lead the twin known as Ivan to the van, a very familiar figure had popped up. I felt my body tense as I glared harshly.

"Visitors. And just the ones I wanted to see" Jake smirked, pushing Ivan into his brother. My mom motioned for them to go back to the van. And there was no second thought to them doing so.

"Where's my brother, Jake?" I growled, feeling my breathing pick up. He chuckled.

"Right. Boys!" He called out, and soon the five boys I've lived with had shown up looking drained and gross. But as soon as they saw me, they perked and rushed to give me a group hug. Zach was the one who was really attached to me, squeezing me for dear life. "Aw, how cute! Now get off my property!" Jake yelled, causing us to jump the slightest.