WHAT DO I GOTTA KNOW? | 10

CHAPTER 10:
WHAT DO I GOTTA KNOW?
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
DARK SIDE BY KELLY CLARKSON

EVERYBODY'S GOT A DARK SIDE
DO YOU LOVE ME?
CAN YOU LOVE MINE?
NOBODY'S A PICTURE PERFECT
BUT WE'RE WORTH IT
YOU KNOW THAT WE'RE WORTH IT

The van that I currently sat in, along with the other five boys had came to a stop in front of a local pizza place. I got out first and the others following right after. I took a deep breath in, smelling the scent of fresh dough and other ingredients that create an amazing Italian dish most people love.

I smoothed out my loose shirt before entering the building; in search of four more people. And I perked when seeing Logan and his friends already sitting at a table with two giant pizzas in front of them. My mouthed drooled, as I briskly made my way towards them. I approached their table with a bright smile.

"Hi, guys" I chirped, giving a small wave. I watched as they all gave small replies back; but my attention was mostly focused on the crisp pizza only a few inches from my grasp. Ever since moving in with these boys, I haven't ate anything big really. It was always small snacks. I mean it's all they have in the house. I always call them out on it, but they make dumb excuses on why not to go shopping.

"Hey" A different voice piped up from behind me. I turned around to see that it was the boys I seemed to leave behind. They too approached the table.

We all gathered a chair to sit, and without me knowing it, everyone took a slice of pizza leaving me there to stare. I felt my stomach growl as a slice was dropped in front of me. Looking, Logan was the one to hand it me. I grinned at the kind gesture, before grabbing the piece and taking a great bite.

I've never felt so complete.

As I finished my pizza, I looked around to see that everyone was making small talk. It was okay that I wasn't included. I mean, I wouldn't have anything to talk about except for that fact that I lived in a foster home for most of my life. I watched how everyone talked to each other. They all gotten along so well. Alissa was laughing at something Neels said; Jack and Zach were making different faces at each other, before laughing at those expressions. Then Corbyn, Jonah and Daniel were casually talking to each other. And with the way that Corbyn had poked Daniel in the side repeatedly and him erupting into laughter at such motions, I assume they made up. Then finally I seen Logan and Ayla chatting about whatever. Occasionally the two would peck each other on the lips making me suggest that they were together.

They were a couple.

No. Wouldn't it be called mates?