WHAT I WANT | 42

CHAPTER 42:
WHAT I WANT
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
HARD 2 FACE REALITY BY POO NEAR FEATURING JUSTIN BIEBER

I KNOW ITS HARD AWAY FROM HOME
AND IT AIN'T EASY ALL ALONE
RELATIONSHIPS OVER THE PHONE
TALKIN' TO YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER ALL NIGHT LONG

We all were back in our house, having a great time to ourselves. Corbyn was lying on the couch, his baby lying on his chest sleeping peacefully. I found the sight adorable as I sat beside them, watching whatever played on the TV screen. It seemed to be some lame chick flick film where the girl never gets the guy in the end. It makes me think about my own love life situation. I don't want to admit it but I think Jonah is falling out of love with me. His wolf is losing grip with mine, deciding that it wants to move on and maybe look for someone else.

I don't want him to look for someone else.

Even if I did still had a boyfriend named Brandon.

I huffed as I turned my attention to out a nearby window where I was allowed to see Jonah laughing and smiling with none other than Tate. Just the sight of her made my blood boil. I needed to do something; and quick. I continued to watch the two, seeing as they were leaning in, obviously about to kiss.

Watch to torture myself or go and break them apart?

I stood to my feet, finding myself heading towards the back door of the house.

Break them apart it is.

I stalked up to the two, coughing when I was a good distance away. The two broke apart, making me glare harshly. They both looked at me disappointed and a little annoyed.

"Can I speak to you, Jonah?" I then looked at Tate with crossed arms. "Alone" she took the hint and stood to her feet.

"I actually gotta get going anyway. See you later, Jonah" she smiled, pecking his cheek. My hands balled into fists as I watched her give him affection. I watched her enter the house and leave out of sight. When I knew she was gone, I put my attention back on Jonah. He didn't look pleased.

"What the hell Miranda?" He shouted. I cringed.

What did I just do?

"Sorry, but I don't like her" I admit. Jonah's eyes flashed red as he stared at me. "She seems too stuck up" that's a lie. She seems like a sweetheart.

"That doesn't give you the right to interrupt us. I've never done that to you and Brandon, so why are you doing it to me?" He continues to shout obviously frustrated. I look down at my hands now and frown deeply.

"Because..." I trailed off, lost at words.

"Because what? Miranda you ruined a perfectly good da-" I shut him up by my next words.

"Because I think I love you, okay!"

He stared blankly at me, his jaw dropped the slightest. But he was quickly expressionless as he looked down.

"I'm sorry but...we can't" and he walked by without any other words. I watched him go, not even trying to get him to come back.

Instead I went to sit on one of the large rocks we had in the backyard. I viewed LA and all of it's glory.

This wasn't our moment.

- Z A C H -

I lay on my bed, just staring at the ceiling. Jack was yet again ranting to me, but I was partially listening. My thoughts were really clouded by how he won't man up and just tell me he wants me to be his. He has shown me that he's officially ready to be mates. But of course him still being a douche, that seems to be impossible for him. But then again he wasn't my only thought. Miranda has me worried with how she's agreeing to join the Crosses. Something about those three people in charge always threw me off. And it doesn't help when they mentioned something about Miranda being turned over in foster care.

Not many people know that our parents did that.

My memory is faint about when my parents died. All I remember is trying to fight someone off, but not having enough strength to do so. My parents were killed right in front of me. That's when everything seems to blur. I don't know why I can't tell all the details from that night, but I feel like it has something to do with those stupid Crosses.

They're keeping something from us.

"Zach! Zach!" Jack shouted, breaking me from whatever daze I was in. He was highly close, with a look of agitation placed on his face. I just push him away and sit up, rubbing at my face. "So I'm guessing you didn't hear a word I just said, did you?" Jack asked now, making me roll my eyes before letting out a sigh.

"No. I didn't. But I'm glad I didn't, because you probably just ranted about how I'm being stubborn" I spoke, my anger rising just the tiniest. I really needed to leave so I can let off some steam. But before I could go anywhere, Jack stepped in front of me.

"That's not what I was saying at all" I looked at him skeptically. "What I was really saying is...I want to be with you, Zach. I want to be your boyfriend. And if you really do stop being stubborn, then you'll say yes" he explains. A smile sprouted against my lips.

"That's all I ever wanted to hear from you" I speak softly. And without a warning, I smash my lips to his savoring the moment entirely.

- D A N I E L -

Corbyn had set Mia down in her temporary bed beside the couch, before sitting between Jonah and I, cuddling my side. I let out a giggle as I pulled his body closer than it was. I looked out a nearby window to see Miranda sitting there all by herself, obviously pouting. And when I turned back to look at Jonah, he too looked upset. I guess I can understand what happened. But I wasn't going to interfere as they need sort out their problems by themselves.

I planted a soft kiss on Corbyn's forehead, loving the feeling it gave me. He finally belonged to me. And I finally belonged to him. But of course my day dream was suddenly stopped as my ears perked from strange noises. I guess the other two must of heard it too as we all looked at each other.

"What is th-" Corbyn was cut short when our answer came to us.

"Oh fuck, Jack!" The familiar voice of Zach yelled out. I cringed at the words, suddenly very disgusted.

"Oh, gross" Jonah shuddered. "I'm leaving. Call me when they're done" and with quick movements Jonah walked out the house, slamming the door in the process. I just looked at Corbyn, laughing and him doing the same.

"At least we were quiet" Corbyn winked. I gasped at his words, smacking his chest playfully.

"Just turn the volume up" I stated.

TRY TO PROTECT YOUR FEELINGS
YOU READ IN BETWEEN THE LINES
HOPE YOUR HEART HAS STARTED HEALING
SOMETIMES IT'S HARD TO FACE REALITY, OH, OH