MISSING PEOPLE | 34

CHAPTER 34:
MISSING PEOPLE
SONG FOR CHAPTER:
IDGAF BY DULA LIPA

I CUT YOU OFF
I DON'T NEED YOUR LOVE, SO YOU CAN TRY ALL YOU WANT
YOUR TIME IS UP, I'LL TELL YOU WHY
YOU SAY YOUR SORRY
BUT IT'S TOO LATE NOW
SO SAVE IT, GET GONE, SHUT UP

"Man known as a manager to the town's car repair shop, had suddenly gone missing late last night after closing his shop. No one knows where he could have gone and the police don't see a trace on who the kidnappers could have been. Please, if you seen this man, immediately report where he was spotted. Back to you Rick..." The news reporter had spoken before the clip was transfered back to a man and a women sitting down at a desk. I sighed, clicking the TV off and getting up from my spot on the couch and going to the kitchen.

I placed my bowl in the sink, hoping one of the boys will clean it later. And just as I was turning around, I seen Daniel walk in going towards the fridge.

"Did you hear that another man went missing last night?" I ask, making Daniel freeze in his spot. He stopped whatever he was doing for a quick second, before going back to rummaging. He soon closed the door to the fridge and looked at me in worry.

"Uh, no. Why? I don't know anything! I'm not sweating, you're sweating! Stop asking questions!" He started freaking out, before taking a drink of the water bottle that he held in his tight grip. I raised an eyebrow.

"Daniel, I only asked one question" I state bluntly.

"Right..." He trailed. "Well nice talking to you. I should really get back to my movie" he says quickly, about to walk away. But now I was a little too curious by his behavior. This was about the tenth person who had gone missing this week. And I had a feeling he knows a reason on why they're suddenly gone.

"No, no, no. You're not going anywhere" I say and stepping in front of his taller form. He got nervous again. "Do you know something, Dani?" I watched as he took a few steps back, swallowing harshly.

"Of course not" his voice cracked, making his eyes widened.

Oh, he was definitely hiding something.

"You're lying" I say with a glare. He shook his head quickly. "Boys! Get down here!" I yell suddenly as a plan formed in my head. Daniel shook in fear. I grabbed his arm and dragged him to the main room, waiting patiently for the other four. And the second they were all near I started talking. "You all are hiding something from me and I'm sick of being hidden in the dark about it! And with these people going missing, I'm assuming that your secret revolves around that. Your behavior every time it's brought up explains it all."

The boys looked at each other, worry written across their faces.

"Miranda it-" I cut Jonah off.

"No, save it! Daniel told me everything! It all started the second Jake let you guys go didn't it?" Almost instantly the other four boys' eyes widened, before locking on a sight behind me. I turned to see Daniel cowering behind me in fear.

I had to blame someone.

"Guys, I promise I-" Daniel tried to say but was stopped.

"Yes, you did! You couldn't keep your stupid mouth shut for a few more days could you?" Zach seemed to get angry first.

"No, listen I didn't-" again he was cut off.

"It doesn't matter now! She knows and we're all doomed! Jake will find out and we'll be turned in! You just had to go and tell Miranda we were taking those people away for Jake and his feeding purposes didn't you?" Jack states frustrated, making me smirk.

"He didn't. But you just did" I say flatly.

Jack's mouth dropped.

"If you'd just let me speak, I would have said that I didn't tell her anything" Daniel replies defeated. Jack just drops his head and sighs obviously upset. But he shouldn't be the one upset.

"Look Miranda-" Jonah tried again.

"No, Jonah! I thought you guys were different! I thought that no matter what happened, nothing could make you all do the wrong thing. But guess what? I was stupid enough to believe that" I say, a low growl rising up. It was unexpected as I also felt my breathing grow fast.

"We were doing this to save you. You don't understand what really happened!" Zach stepped up, but I moved away.

"You're right. I don't know what happened. But it sucks to know that my brother really thought it was okay to fall right into Jake's trap" they all looked at me with frowns. "You know what's funny though? He planned that I do something too. I was supposed to tell the Crosses that I was lost and hurt and that Jake managed to save me. He said that if I do as told, that I would be able to be with you guys again, safe and sound. But I wasn't going to do that. I was going to expose Jake's whole plan, hopefully to take him down. Because that's the right thing to do."

"We were just trying to help" Corbyn squeaked out.

"Help my ass!" I barked. Everyone was taken back. I myself was surprised.

"If you just allow us to explain what really went down that night, then maybe we can tell you why we agreed" Daniel said gently, placing a hand on my shoulder. I shook it off roughly.

"You had time to explain the second you left that damn house" I mumble. I pushed past all of them and quickly went up the stairs. I practically ran into my room and slammed the door shut. I leaned against the door, sliding down carefully until I was officially on the floor. I put my face in my hands, feeling a few tears fall.

I can't do this anymore.

SO I MADE MY DECISION
'CAUSE YOU MADE YOUR BED, SLEEP IN IT
PLAY THE VICTIM AND SWITCH YOUR POSTION
I'M THROUGH, I'M DONE
SO I CUT YOU OFF
I DON'T NEED YOUR LOVE
'CAUSE I ALREADY CRIED ENOUGH