Chapter 9

~Lin POV~

I didn't sleep. I only fell asleep once, for 45 minutes. I can't sleep knowing that she's not safe. It's currently 1:30 AM. Jon is asleep on my couch. I'm on the balcony. I'm praying that she's okay. I'm praying we will find her soon. I have to tell her parents. I texted them saying we need to talk. They know Pip and I are engaged because I had asked them for their blessing. They call back right away.

"Lin, are you all right?" Elena asks nicely, but worriedly. (A/N I don't know the actual names, so I'm making them up)

"I guess."

"What do you need to talk about?" William asks. I sigh.

"Pippa." I reply solemnly.

"Is she okay?" Elena asks, panic in her voice.

"I don't know. I'm just going to explain what happened. Pip and I had just walked in for rehearsal. We were telling the cast we are engaged. We decided to do a group hug. That's when the lights went out. I was holding Pippa's hand, but it was ripped away. We heard her scream really loud, and then I yelled for her. I tried to run after her, but I couldn't see anything. She yelled my name back, but then her voice faded and she was gone." I explain, starting to tear up and cry again.

"Oh no. Has she been found? Is she okay? Are you holding up okay?" William asks.

"Apart from the fact that I've basically been non-stop crying since it happened, I'm fine. I passed out once because I was so worried. It's my fault. If I would have pulled her back, none of this would have happened."

"Lin, this isn't your fault. You were surprised by the lights going out."

"That's not even the worst part. Minutes after she was taken from us, two gunshots rang out in the theater." Elena gasped. "I started yelling. I yelled for them to leave her alone, to come take me. Then the doors to the outside opened and shut. Chris pulled out his phone and used it as a flashlight. Soon, we all did the same. We conducted a search of the theater and called the police. Jasmine found a note Pippa left. The whole front side was her saying over and over again how much she loved me. And I hope to gosh that right now, wherever she is, she knows I love her more than anything in the world. The back had the kidnappers name and license plate. It also said that she hadn't been shot, they shot the ceiling to intimidate us. We told the cops everything. I couldn't process anything anymore. I was worried. I went in for questioning, and they told me they had tracked the car to West Virginia. Police were headed there, last I checked. They said they would call me if anything happened. I'm so sorry, this is all my fault. I'm so stupid. I can't believe she might be dead and it is my fault. I don't know what I'm going to do without her." I say. Tears falling down my cheeks by the end of it. By the way, if you're wondering why on Earth they were up to take this phone call at 1:30 AM, is because I texted them, and they were worried by what they saw.

"Lin-Manuel Miranda. None of this is your fault. You need to get some sleep. The police most likely have everything under control. We are worried about Pippa too. But this isn't your fault and we aren't mad at you. We know how much you love her, and that you would never let this happen if you could help it. Go to bed, Lin. Text us if you hear from the cops at all." William says reassuringly.

"Okay. Thank you for understanding." We say goodbye and I hang up. Pip, if you're out there, please know I love you. All of a sudden, my phone rings. I go inside because it's getting cold on the balcony. I answer the call.

"Is this Lin-Manuel Miranda?"

"Yes, this is him."

"We have a Phillipa Soo at New York Memorial Hospital." He says.

"I'll be right there." I say. I throw on some random clothes and shake Groff awake. "They found Pip, we need to go to NYM Hospital. NOW!" I say and he jumps up and we run out of the apartment. We decide not to hassle with traffic and sprint halfway to the hospital before we can't run anymore. Jas and Ant's car pulls over.

"Get in, I'll bet we're headed to the same place." He says and I get in. I'm honestly so worried I can't even speak. These people really care about Pippa and I. They are up at 1:30 in the morning, to go to a hospital . I hope she's okay and that she's just waiting for us to come pick her up. For once, I'm not sobbing. Once I found that she is away from the kidnappers, I calmed down. I know now that she is safe. When we get there, a ton of people are in line to go to the front desk. Since none of us are hurt, we are just here to see somebody, we have to wait in the visitors waiting room.  Eventually Chris showed up. Mainly for my moral support. Renée showed up as well. We were watching some nasty car crash. They showed a young woman. She was being loaded onto a stretcher, and she was battered and bruised, and out cold. I saw something on her hand. It looked like a ring. When the camera went to another angle, there was a better view of it. I recognize that ring, that's Pippa's ring!

"Oh no..." I say very slowly, panic rising in my voice.

"Lin? Lin, what's wrong?" Groff asks.

"T-that woman i-is Pippa!" I barely manage to get out of my mouth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1001 words-excluding A/N

A/N
THANKS FOR READING AS ALWAYS!! ❤️❤️ I'm sorry for all the cliffhangers. I'm almost caught up to the pre-written chapters I have, so I have to pre-write some more chapters on paper to add to this, and I LOVE WHATS HAPPENING IN THE NEAR FUTURE OF THE PRE-WRITTEN PART!!! ANYYYYYWAYYYYYS, I have early release tomorrow and off on Thursday and Friday (school) and I'm going on a road trip so I'll be writing in the car.

❤️~K