Chapter 18

~Ant POV~

We get to Alexander's rap part. I nod to the creative team and Lin. Lin stops singing and he and Pip, and everyone else, run quietly into the audience. Jas is staring into my eyes as I start to sing Alexander's part. Everyone knows what I'm going to do. We had planned for this rehearsal to be the one a long time ago. They all left the stage so quietly that Jas didn't notice. She's very focused on my eyes. Soon enough, as I'm finishing, she breaks her stare and glances around. Only now does she see we're alone on stage. Whilst she's having an eye conversation with Pip and Renée, I drop to one knee. She's turned around so she doesn't see. Suddenly everyone shouts.

"JAS TURN AROUND!" She spins on her heel. When she sees me, her hand immediately goes to cover her mouth as tears start to fall down her cheeks.

"Jasmine Cephas Jones. I love you so much, I honestly can't express it. You are truly the best thing to ever happen to me. I can't imagine life without you, and I don't want to. Will you marry me?"

"Yes!! I love you so much Anthony!!" I grin, slide the ring in her finger and jump up to my feet. Jas and I share a passionate kiss as the cast and crew erupt in cheers. I love this woman.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Jas POV~

I love this man so much. I just got engaged! It was adorable! The ring is elegant and beautiful but not super over-the-top. A simple, silver band runs around my finger, and a beautiful diamond shimmers in the middle. After Ant and I separate, I get tackled by Pippa and Renée. Ant gets tackled by Lin, Leslie, Oak, Daveed, Chris, Jon, Thayne. About half an hour later, we start rehearsal again. We do have a show tonight, after all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Ant POV~

We are in the middle of a show. I'm waiting in the wings to go on for Farmer Refuted. Jas is on for Schuyler Sisters. They are doing AMAZING! I notice some set piece moving toward Jas while she is dancing, but think nothing of it. I'm chatting quietly with Oak and Daveed, my back to the stage, when I hear a loud crash and Daveed and Oak look shocked. I turn around. I see the set piece on top of Jasmine. On top of her! It fell onto her! She cries out and Pip and Renée run over to her. Screw the rule of staying in the wings until your cue. My fiancée just got crushed by the set!! I run out and kneel next to her. Her entire leg is wedged under the set piece. People (cast and crew) are working to get her out from under the set. Jas is very pale and she is crying. I can tell she's in a lot of pain. I grab her hand. She looks at me, a mix of pain and terror in her eyes. She's going to beat herself up over the fact that she stopped a show. They announce that they are going to lift and we are going to pull her out.

"Jas, baby, this might hurt. But it will get you out so we can get you to a hospital. Okay?" I ask. She nods hesitantly. We pull her out-all the way-at once. She screams in pain and grips my hand. Jas is now free of the set. Her ankle is bruised and swelling. Her knee is bent the complete wrong direction and is swollen. It's a nasty purple color due to bruises. Jazzy tries to move her leg, but she can't. She whimpers in pain. I squeeze her hand tightly and kiss her forehead. I cant stand seeing her like this. I attempt to calm her down, to no avail. I see a commotion in the wings as people usher Lillian to a dressing room from where she was sitting, watching the show. I turn my head to find Pippa or Renée and realize that the curtain is open and the audience see in their seats, watching. Someone yells.