Chapter 42

~Lin POV~

February 27th
The next morning, I wake up and grab my phone. I click to Twitter to post my good morning tweet to everyone. But something else catches my eye.

The number one trending tweet is about Lillian

The number one trending tweet is about Lillian. The public doesn't know who Lillian is. I don't know what to do about this. It has 3,534 retweets. I am going to talk to Pippa before addressing the matter. I post a good morning tweet and get out of bed. I get dressed and ready for the day. Then, I go towards Lillian's room to check on her. I open her door and she's awake, sitting up on her bed. She sleepily waves at me and rubs her eyes. I chuckle lightly.

"Good morning Lillian." I say to her, sitting down on her bed next to her.

"Morning." She chirps back happily.

"Let's get you some breakfast." I say. She nods eagerly. "How about some pancakes?" I ask her. She nods again. She gets dressed and ready and then comes into the kitchen as I am starting to make the pancakes.

"Can I help?" She asks.

"Sure!" I reply, grabbing a stool for her to stand on and she starts to help me make the pancakes. We finish after about a half hour and Pippa comes into the kitchen, all ready for the day. We eat as a small family and then get ready to head to the theater. Lillian would have school, but after her first day, we decided to hold her back a year so she can adjust more to her new life. She will start kindergarten in September. I help Lillian get buckled in the car and then we drive off to the theater. Once we get there, Thayne snatches Lillian from us because I had texted him that Pip and I needed to talk. So he took her and is going to entertain her while Pip and I discuss the whole 'who is the Lippa kid' thing. We sit down next to each other on the couch.

"Okay, Lin. We're alone. What did you need to talk about?" I show her the trending hashtags on Twitter. "Not this again." She sighs. I rub her shoulder lightly.

"I am pretty sure that somebody who saw the show last night tweeted about it because she fell onstage." I say, sighing. She nods, intertwining our hands. "What should we do? This is just going to keep happening. Either we yell at them or explain to them who she is." I explain.

"I don't want her to be all over the internet, but I don't see another option here." She says, leaning onto me. I wrap my arm around her and lay my head on top of hers.

"Okay. We don't have to put pictures of her on the internet. We can just explain. There is only one picture of her out there." I offer. She nods.

"That's a good idea. I guess we should let the cast know we are telling the public about Lillian, and we should also talk to Lillian and see if she wants us to tell the public. Because if she doesn't, we won't." Pippa says. I nod and we stand up. We walk to the green room and everybody is in there, even Thayne and Lillian. Lillian sees us and comes running towards us, giving us a hug when she gets here.

"Lillian, can you come with us? We have a question for you." I say. She nods, grabbing Pippa's hand as we walk out. We take a spot in the hallway and sit on the floor. Lillian is on Pippa's lap. She looks kind of nervous. "Lillian, you're not in trouble." I chuckle lightly. She sighs in relief. "We asked you to come out here because people saw you in Disney World with us, and they saw you on the stage yesterday. The people are confused because we didn't tell anybody except the cast and our families about you. Is it okay with you if we tell them who you are?" I explain and ask her.

"It's okay if you tell them." She says, kind of excitedly. I smile and Pippa does too.

"Alright, now should we go tell the cast we are telling them who you are?" Pippa asks. Lillian nods and we go back into the room. Everyone is looking at us. They look confused.

"Alright, everybody, I have an announcement to make. This morning, the number one trending hashtag was #whoisthelippakid. It had over 3,000 retweets. Pip and I asked Lillian if she's okay with us telling the public who she is and she said it's okay. We don't want any pictures of her face out there until she gets a little older. I'm going to post something about it right now, and then you all can post something." I explain. They all nod enthusiastically. I start typing.

@Lin_Manuel
I saw that #whoisthelippakid is the number one trending hashtag. I asked @phillipasoo , and we decided to tell you. The girl in the photo someone took at Disney World is our foster daughter Lillian. She is five years old. Photos won't be posted until she's a little older. Thanks!

I send the tweet and then the rest of the cast starts tweeting about Lillian. I read and retweet all of theirs as they come through, and I also see a lot of people commenting and responding to everyone's tweets saying stuff like 'awww yay!' and 'thanks for telling us!' Some people are asking questions like 'does she go to school?' or 'is she close with any of the cast?' and 'who is she closest with?' The most common question I see is 'what happened to her parents?' I decide against answering questions now, and make another post.

@Lin_Manuel
So I'm seeing a lot of questions. So we are going to do a q and a. Use the hashtag #askLillianMiranda to ask her some questions. I will ask her the questions and tweet her answer. Enter your questions before tomorrow!

-----
1009 words-excluding A/N

A/N
I'm sorry this is late, I was on vacation and wasn't in my phone to write. The only reason I updated IHAD was because I had that chapter done before I left and I just waited to post it. Thanks for commenting, voting, and reading!!

❤️~K