Chapter 50

~Thayne POV~
October 15th

It's been six months since Anthony and Jasmine got married. It's been about a year since Jon and I got engaged. And now we're getting married! We are getting married in a nice hotel. I'm nervous, really nervous. This is a huge commitment, and I'm not nervous about being with Jon for the rest of my life, I'm just nervous about making everything so official. I mean, I'm ready to make everything official with Jon-just-I don't even know what I'm thinking. I'm ready for this. We're ready for this.

~Jonathan POV~

I'm about to marry Thayne. Finally. I'm so ready. Proposing to Thayne was the best decision of my life, and I can't wait to marry him. I know he's probably nervous, but I also know he'll overcome it. He's more nervous because only his dad supports him being gay, and his mom doesn't. She decided not to come to the wedding, and I know it's killing Thayne. I love Thayne, more than anything else, and I'm not going to let the fact that his mother doesn't support him get in the way of today being a really good day. It's been a journey being with Thayne, a journey that I don't want to end. This is the next step in making sure this journey lasts forever.

~Third Person POV~

1:00 PM. New York City, New York. A hotel is decorated nicely for a wedding. Friends and family are seated, waiting. Two diagonal aisles have been made, joining together in the center by the altar. Music starts to play, and Jonathan and Thayne emerge, one in each of the diagonal aisles. They walk to the center and join hands as the music swells and then ends. Jonathan and Thayne stare lovingly into each other's eyes, and seem to get lost in each other's eyes. The audience sits and listens as the priest officiates the wedding. The two men at the altar give their vows, and then say 'I do.' Jonathan pulls Thayne into a passionate kiss to seal their marriage. The two of them then join hands and run down the center aisle as their friends and family clap.

~Jonathan POV~

As quick as it happened, every moment of the ceremony was something I'll cherish forever. Thayne and I kiss again as we walk into the reception area of the hotel, waiting for people to file in. The place fills up quickly and Thayne and I and the wedding party go to take pictures. After that, I run back into the reception area with Thayne on my heels. I'm full of energy and adrenaline, and it's time to party.

"LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!" I yell, laughing

"YEAH!" Thayne yells in response, also laughing. I kiss him and watch as people get the party started, laughing and dancing. Thayne grabs my hands and pulls me to the dance floor.

"Thayne, I can't dance." I laugh.

"You can't, but I can." He says, doing a back handspring and almost hitting Daveed. Daveed shoots Thayne a playful angry look before laughing it off. We dance and laugh with our friends and family for a while, having a good time. After dancing for a long time, we head to talk to some of our family and friends. We head over to some of the Newsies cast, who are here because they know Thayne. Andrew and Scott are here, and they were both in the wedding party. We hang out with the two of them a lot, the four of us are really good friends. After talking with them and some other boys for a while, Thayne and I talk to some of the Hamilton cast, mainly Lin and Pippa, and Jasmine and Anthony. Oak and Daveed are pretty drunk, and Chris got put on little kid watch. Renee is with Leslie and his wife and daughter talking. After visiting and talking to all of them and thanking them, we go and talk to my parents and Thayne's dad, who has become a good friend of my parents. My parents have been so supportive of me and Thayne, and so has Thayne's dad. Lillian comes up to Thayne and I as we are wrapping up our conversation with my parents and his dad.

"Hi Lillian." I laugh, tickling her lightly.

"Hi Jon. Hi Thayne. Congratulations!" Lillian exclaims. Thayne and I both smile.

"Thanks, Lilly-bug." Thayne says, pulling her onto his lap as we sit down on two random chairs.

"So you aren't engaged anymore?" Lillian asked us. We both shake our heads.

"No, even better. We're married now." I explain to her.

"What?" She asks.

"Like Lin and Pippa, and Jasmine and Anthony. Jon is forever mine now." Thayne tries to explain.

"I don't get it." Lillian says. "Why would you want to be stuck together forever?" She asks.

"Because we love each other so much." I tell her.

"So when I love someone a lot, I will marry them?" Lillian asks with her cute little five-year-old curiosity.

"Yes, Lillian. But not for a long time yet." Thayne says. Brielle, Renee's daughter, comes up to Lillian.

"You better run, Lillian. I'm it." She says, laughing, reaching out to tag Lillian. Thayne and I both laugh, and Thayne sets Lillian down.

"RUN LILLIAN!" I yell, giving her a small push. Thayne and I laugh again as she sprints away, Brielle running after her, hand extended. All of a sudden Thayne gasps, grabbing my hand. I turn and look the direction he's looking, and gasp as well. Thayne's mom is approaching us, looking angry. She stands directly in front of the two of us, angrily staring at Thayne. Thayne looks terrified. I squeeze his hand to try and comfort him, but he moves himself closer to me in response.

"I can't believe you actually did this, Thayne." His mom says, the venom practically dripping off of each word. "I should've sent you to therapy about this before you even turned 18." She says. Thayne's dad had finally noticed that Thayne's mom had showed up, and came over to save us. Some other cast members came over too, and soon there is a small crowd of people ready to defend Thayne.

"I'm an adult. I can make my own decisions." Thayne says, his voice steady to everyone else, but not to me.

"Obviously not good ones." His mother quips.

"Why do you have a problem with this, Clare?" Thayne's dad asks his mom.

"My son is gay. That's the problem." Clare shoots back. Thayne looks really upset. He's a pretty sensitive person, and little things can make him really upset and self-conscious. This was supposed to be one of the best, most happy, nights of his life and of course, his mom had to come along and ruin it. It makes me angry. Thayne was so happy a couple minutes ago.

"Alright," I start. "I know there are people in this world who aren't accepting of the LGBTQ community, but this is supposed to be one of the happiest nights of your son's life. You're ruining it for him. Can't you see that?" I say. She looks at her shoes and then back up at Thayne and I. "If you can't learn to accept your amazing son for who he is, that's your loss." I tell her. "Please leave, so Thayne can go back to being happy." I say. Thayne squeezes my hand and smiles at me.

"Whatever." His mom says, leaving the way she came. The party starts up again, and after about half an hour, Thayne seems to have forgotten what happened because the glimmer in his eyes shows his pure happiness for the rest of the night. We dance and laugh and talk the night away, and it is truly the best day of my life. It's around 10:00 PM when we hear a scream.

It's Jasmine.

---

1310 words-excluding A/N

A/N

That's all for now, folks. See you in the sequel. (please read the author's note/tag that follows this for more details)

❤️~K