Chapter 35

So I don't really know what is all considered a trigger, but I'm going to say ⚠️TRIGGER WARNING MENTIONS OF BULLYING⚠️

~Jonathan POV~

My poor little Thayne has to go by himself to the hospital. I come offstage after What Comes Next and he is already gone. Non-Stop starts. Henry comes up to me.

"I'm so sorry, I was focusing too much in my dancing and not enough on where my prop was swinging." He tells me.

"It's okay, Henry. It was an accident." I say quickly, brushing him away and running to get any information regarding how Thayne was doing when he left. I find Carleigh and she tells me Thayne was doing okay and that I am supposed to meet Thayne at the hospital after I am done with the show, but she said that he said that it is up to me about stagedooring. Then they make an announcement.

"Pardon the interruption, but due to cast injury, Thayne Jasperson will be swung out for the rest of the show. Jordan Fuller will be swung on in his place. Once again, Thayne Jasperson will be swung out for the rest of the show, with Jordan Fuller in his place. Thank you." The loudspeaker says. Then Non-Stop starts. I'm not on during this song, so I just pace back and forth backstage. I decide to call Thayne because I'm not on for a while. He picks up on the second ring.

"Thayne?"

"Jon?"

"Yeah it's me. Are you at the hospital yet? How are you?"

"The taxi is just pulling up. My ear hurts a lot but other than that I am fine."

"Okay. Go check in. I will mute myself while you do it." I tell him. I hit mute. He didn't mute his, I'm guessing so I can hear everything. I hear the car door shut and him pay the driver through the phone. Then, I hear a lady's voice.

"How may I help you?" The voice asks. I hear Thayne speak.

"I was hit in the ear with a prop. It was bandaged up shortly after, but our first aid personnel told me to come here." He explains. He's so calm and collected.

"Alright. What is you name?" The lady asks.

"Thayne Jasperson." I hear him reply.

"Emergency contact?"

"Jonathan Groff. xxx-xxxx." I hear him say.

"Significant other?" She asks. Uh oh. Thayne is very vulnerable when talking about his sexuality. He was bullied as a child for loving to dance. He was called a sissy and called gay. He is kind of fragile sometimes. He doesn't say anything right away, probably because he is hesitating. Then he starts to talk.

"Uh, still Jonathan Groff." He says, a little quieter.

"Alrighty then. Don't worry, I'm gay too. You don't have to be shy. My girlfriend and I recently got engaged." The lady says.

"Congratulations! Me and Jonathan just got engaged as well." He says, and I can tell he is smiling.

"Thank you and congratulations to you too." The lady says.

"Thank you." Thayne says politely.

"I have a few more questions for you." She says. "Were you hurt on the job?"