Chapter 41

~Jonathan POV~
February 26th
I hear the crying and I run to the other side of the stage where Lillian was watching the show. She's not there. I look onstage, and Lin is attempting to hide his worry and confusion. To the untrained eye, he's fine. To me, he's very confused, but he can tell it's Lillian, so he's worried too. I see her, she's fallen onto the stage, and she's crying, so something must have knocked her onstage, and possibly hurt her in the process. I run into the wing she's in line with. She sees me and slowly gets up, still crying, and runs to me. I pick her up quickly and give her a gentle hug.

"Lillian, are you okay?" I ask her, carrying her out of the wings.

"Something hit me and I fell on the stage." She says, trying to stop crying.

"Where are you hurt?" I ask her.

"My back." She says, wiping her own tears.

"Okay. You're okay. I'll take you to first aid and I'm sure Lin or Pippa will be back as soon as intermission starts." I tell her, and I wipe some of her remaining tears away.

"Is Lin going to be mad at me? I fell onto the stage and I was loud." She asks me, and it breaks my heart to see how ashamed she looks. I brush a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"He's not going to be mad. It's not your fault. He won't be mad at you. You didn't mean to." I reassure her. We get to first aid and I explain what's going on to our first aid crew. She lays down and they look at her back. There's a scrape there that's bleeding a little, but it's nothing too horrible. They put two band-aids on it and then they give her back to me. "Lillian, do you know what scraped you?" I ask her.

"It was on a rope and it swung and scraped me. It knocked me on the stage. It hurted." She says. I hear Non-Stop end and sure enough, Lin came running backstage.

"Where's Lillian and is she okay?" He asks loudly and worriedly.

"I've got her Lin!" I say loudly. He runs to me. I hand her to him.

"Hey. Lillian, are you okay?" He asks her, hugging her. She nods. "Jon, do you know what happened?" He asks me.

"Well, she was sitting in the wings watching quietly like any other day. One of the ropes for some kind of backstage thing came undone and there was something attached to it. It how her and scraped her back and knocked her onstage." I explain to Lin, who is just holding Lillian and rocking her gently. Lillian's head is resting on his shoulder and she looks about ready to go fall asleep. She typically falls asleep around intermission because it gets really late and past her bedtime. "I took her to first aid already. The scrape wasn't too deep so they just put a couple of band-aids on it." I assure Lin, before he could ask. Pippa comes running up, equally as worried. I explain the whole thing to her again and Lillian is asleep. "You know what she asked me?" I ask Lin and Pip.

"No. What?" Lin asks.

"She thought you were going to be mad at her for being loud and falling onstage." I say. "She just looked so ashamed of herself. I just told her that you wouldn't be mad and that you would know it wasn't her fault." I tell them. The places for top of act two call is made.

"Jon, can you take her into our dressing room and lay her down and then stay in there?" Pippa asks me. I nod. Lin hands me Lillian, but he and Pippa both kiss her forehead first. The run to their places and I gently take Lillian backstage to the dressing rooms. I carry her into Lin and Pippa's and gently set her down on the cushions in her little area. She stays fast asleep for the rest of the show. Lin and Pippa have started stage dooring differently now. One of them takes Lillian to the car and sits with her while the other one stage doors. Then they switch. They do this so the public doesn't know see and take pictures of Lillian. I'm amazed with how well they accepted her presence and the changes they had to make because of it. But they accepted it so quickly and seem happier than before. After they change, they come out of their dressing room and Lillian is still asleep.  Lin is going to stage door first, Pippa watching Lillian. People do get suspicious about why only one of them comes out at a time. We tell the fans asking that one of them is talking to a director, or changing, or showering, anything. But we always thank them for coming and say that whoever they were looking for is coming to the stage door soon.

~Lin POV~

After I stage door, I switch places with Pip and sit in the car with Lillian, the heat is on because it's still cold outside. Lillian wakes up a couple minutes after Pippa goes to stage door.

"Hey Lillian. How's your back?" I ask her. She rubs her eyes.

"It's better. I'm sorry I was loud." She says, looking up at me.

"I'm not mad Lillian. It's not you fault. You didn't mean to. You don't have to be sorry, okay? I could never be mad at you. I'm glad you're okay." I tell her. She is shivering a little bit. "Are you cold?" I ask her. She nods slowly. "Let me get you your blanket out of the back of the car." I say to her, opening the door and heading to the back. I open the back and find Lillian's blanket. I grab it and close the back. I open the side door and Lillian is already drifting back off. I don't blame her, it's always so late when we get home. But she never complains. She's perfect. Pip and I love her so much. I Tuck the blanket around her and kiss her forehead. Pippa walks up to the car as I close her door quietly. We both climb in the car and begin the drive home.

"I love her so much." Pippa says, looking back at Lillian, who is now fast asleep.

"Me too. She told me she was sorry for being loud today. I told her that it doesn't matter because she's okay and that I could never be mad at her. She's such a little sweetheart." I say. We get home and Pippa carries Lillian inside and tucks her into bed. I grab Lillian's bag and our stuff out of the car and go inside. I run to help Pip tuck Lillian in and to give Lillian her bunny. I put her bunny next to her and she cuddles it. Pippa and I get in bed pretty quickly.

"I hope nobody noticed Lillian onstage today. I don't want any rumors to spread about her. She's only five." Pippa says, genuinely concerned about it. I kiss her softly.

"I'm sure nobody will say anything." I say. She lays down and so do I.

I could not have been more wrong.

---
1234 words-excluding A/N

YEET THE CHAPTERS DONE EARLY BUT IM EVIL AND I WAITED TO PUBLISH IT SORRY BOUT THAT. Thanks for reading, commenting, and voting!!

❤️~K