Chapter 27

(A/N some of this chapter and the coming ones are inspired by Ridley Pearson's Kingdom Keepers series)
~Thayne POV~

Once we're in Lin's dressing room, we sit down. Pippa cradles Lillian, who's still asleep. I explain everything to Lin and Pippa. Thank gosh Lillian is still sound asleep. It would not be good for her to have to hear all that again.

"Thank you so much for being there, Thayne. I don't know what we would have done without you." Pippa says. I nod.

"It's no problem. Lillian is like my little sister. I'm here to help out." I say. They both smile. All of a sudden there's a loud roar from outside. Lin looks around confused.

"What the...?" He asks, eyebrows furrowed.

"Groff." I reply and tell my eyes. Lin and Pippa look st me quizzically. "Lin, you told Daveed to occupy Groff because Groff was bugging you, right?" I ask. Lin nods slowly.

"So....." Pippa prompts.

"Well, Daveed's way of doing that was giving him caffeine and sugar. Now he's going crazy and acting like, according to Leslie, a 'drunk t-rex.'" I say, doing air quotes. Pippa laughs and her hand flies quickly to cover her mouth.

"Oh gosh. Daveed is gonna be in trouble..." she says, nudging Lin and smirking. Lin just sits there, jaw dropping, and trying not to laugh.

"I'll go handle Jon." I say. They nod and I leave. I run out into the hallway. "Where is he?" I ask. Anthony just points down the hall. "Thanks." I say, and then I turn and run down the hallway as I hear another obnoxious roar. I run into Oak's dressing room and unlock the closet. Groff jumps out in an obnoxious way and lets out a loud scream. Like, really loud. Enough to wake the entire city loud. "JONATHAN DREW GROFF! Shut up! Lillian is here and she is asleep! Don't you dare wake her up because she has had a rough day!" I scold him. He nods guiltily and looks down. Five seconds later he gives me his puppy dog eyes. "Oh come on, Jon. You know I can't resist those." I say. He just intensifies the look. "Okay, what do you want?" I ask, defeated by his adorable eyes.

"Cuuuuuuuuuuudleeeeeeeeeeeees!!" He yells.

"Only if you quiet down." I say. He immediately shuts up. He's so cute! I love him so much! He looks at me like he wants to jump and hug me. I nod and he does just that. He tackles me into the couch. We end up cuddling until it's time for the show.

-----------Time Skip (one month later)-----------
~Jonathan POV~

Today starts our 10 day break from the show!! As a cast we decided to go to Disney World!! We leave today!! My little Thayne is afraid of flying so I get to comfort him the whole way there!! 2 hours and 40 minutes of cuddling!! We are on our way to the airport right now. Thayne and I are doing a duet of Seventeen from Tuck Everlasting in the car. We've also done Something To Believe In from Newsies, Helpless from Hamilton, Only Us from Dear Evan Hansen, and Champagne from In The Heights. Daveed is very annoyed but Oak is digging it.

"Y'all realize you can't do that on the plane cuz people will get annoyed, right?" Daveed says.

"Duh! That's when it's time for lip sync battles with headphones." Thayne says. Oak snorts.

"Yeah Daveed." He says sassily. Everyone laughs and we keep singing. We pull into the airport and unload everything. Once all 13 of us get checked in, we head to our gate with about an hour and a half to kill. The people here are: Lillian, Lin, Pippa, Me, Thayne, Daveed, Oak, Renèe, Jasmine, Anthony, Chris, Ellie, and Leslie. At the gate, everyone leaves to get food. Thayne and I stay at the gate because we had bought food on the way to the gate. Ellie and Lillian stay with us because their parents and guardians went to get them food. Lillian and Ellie start playing go fish on the floor. Thayne snuggles close to me.

"I'm tired." He says, laying his head on my chest.

"You have an hour and a half to sleep, Thaynie." I tell him. He nods and starts to dose off. Five minutes later, the first people of our crew are trickling back in to the gate. Thayne snaps his head up.

"I forgot!! I contacted a friend and his fiancé! They're going to meet us in Disney for a couple of the days." He says, before laying back down.

"Who?" Leslie asks, confused.

"You'll learn soon enough." He says, laughing maniacally. He closes his eyes and I feel him fall asleep shortly after.

"Shh everyone. My baby is asleep now." I say. We still have an hour to waste, so we play some random games and talk about the trip.

"So what ride do you think we should go on first?" Lin asks.

"I vote for Its A Small World." Jasmine says.

"NO!" Oak whisper-yells.

"Why not?" Pippa asks.

"Those dolls give me the creeps. They are like tiny always happy robot demons." He says. I laugh.

"What's wrong with being always happy, Oak?" I say.

"Nothing-when it's a normal happy. When it's a demonic happy, well, that's another thing entirely."

"I mean, I'm kinda scared of those dolls too." Leslie agrees. "Oak's right. They're demonic."

"So Small World is out for first ride." Lin says. "I have a suggestion-"

"FYI he's just gonna suggest Under The Sea-Journey of the Little Mermaid." Pippa says, rolling her eyes. Lin laughs. "What about you, Lillian? Or Ellie? Which ride do you guys want to ride first?"

"Umm...I don't know. Expedition Everest?" Ellie says.

"Oooh! Chris, she's an ambitious one!" Anthony says. Ellie shoots him a look. He looks back at her with the same look in his face. Those two are like siblings. The flight attendants call boarding. I wake Thayne up.

"I guess we'll decide when we get there."  Renèe says, as we all get on the plane and go to our seats. Thayne looks really nervous. Here we go.

-------------------------------------------------------
1037 words-excluding A/N

A/N
HI! Super sorry for not updating last week. Writers block sucks and I struggled a lot with this chapter. But, I have newfound inspiration so we should be good for a while. I've also been really busy with Shrek rehearsals and homework every night, and Prodigal performances on the weekend. I'm trying hard guys. So thank you for being super understanding. I'm slowly picking this all back up. Thanks for reading!
PS-TUCK EVERLASTING IS AMAZING

❤️~K