Chapter 23

~Pippa POV~

Our fun and games in Oak and Daveed's room are abruptly interrupted by the door slamming open. Conversations halt and heads snap around. It's Anthony. His usually happy face is covered with a deeply concerned one.

"Guys, I need help-quickly." He says, speaking very fast.

"What's wrong?" Lin asks. I take Lillian off my lap and hand her to Thayne before standing up and walking over to Lin. I stand next to him and put my hand on his shoulder as Anthony starts to talk again.

"It's Jas." He replies. "You guys saw how Scott 'accidentally' kicked her, right?"

"Yeah. We all did." I say. "Did it do any damage?"

"Well,-just come and see. I don't know what to do." He says. He's obviously very worried, his face says it all.

"Okay-all of us?" Oak asks. Ant shrugs then nods. Everyone follows him out of the room except for Thayne, Groff, and Lillian. Once we get to Ant and Jas' room, Jas is sitting bolt upright in the bed. She looks freaked out. There's a towel wrapped around her knee. There used-to-be white towel is slowly turning crimson red with blood. Anthony quickly sits down next to a freaking out Jasmine. He kisses her gently on the forehead and pulls her close.

"What happened Anthony?" She asks, her breath quick and shallow.

"I was about to ice your knee and when I took off your brace, it was bloody. You were bleeding a lot, so I put the towel there to stop the bleeding before I got a good look at your knee. I didn't know what to do, so I ran to get help." He answers.

"We should probably take off the towel and take a look at it. Those stitches in there could have been damaged and if the stitches were damaged, we need to have her get it restitched quickly because the blood will just keep coming." Chris says, as one of his daughters had stitches before, so he knows what to do. Anthony nods, and so does Jasmine. Anthony gently removes the towel, now soaked with blood, from Jasmine's knee. He grabs a new towel to clean off any blood that gets in the way of us looking at her knee. Then Ant sits back down next to her and takes her hand in his. Chris leans down and looks at her knee. "Yeah. It looks like a stitch came loose where they stitched your knee up. That's definitely what happened here." He says.

"What do I do?" Jasmine asks, her voice laced with fear.

"You need to get it re-stitched." Chris says. "And quickly, because you're losing blood fast."

"There's got to be a hospital around here somewhere." Daveed says.

"There's one in LA, only 20 Minutes from here." Lin says.

"Put a towel around her knee and we'll go. Everyone has a rental car, or at least enough to carpool, right?" Renée says. Everyone nods.

"I'll go inform Thayne and Jon as to what's happening. They can stay with Lillian or come along." Lin says, then heads out. Ant puts a new towel around her knee and quickly rinses the blood off of her brace. He doesn't put the brace back on, instead puts it in his backpack. Lin comes back with Thayne, Jon, and Lillian in tow. Lillian has her bunny in her arms and she's being carried by Thayne. I walk over to Thayne and take Lillian in my arms and hoist her up on my hip. Anthony picks Jas up and we all head on our way.

"Where are we going Pippa?" Lillian asks.

"We have to take Jazzy to the doctor." I say.

"Why?" She asks.

"Her knee got hurt again, Lillian." I say.

"Why?"

"A man kicked her." Lin says.

"Why?" Lillian asks, yet again. Oak snorts.

"Good luck with that. When my niece does it, she doesn't stop." He laughs.

"He was mad at her, Lil." Thayne pipes up.

"Why?"

"Because she loves Anthony." Groff says.

"But he can't make her love him." She says. Everyone 'aww's.

"He thinks he can." Daveed says.

"He's a meanie." Lillian says. Everyone laughs and we get in our cars and get on our way to the hospital. We drive for a while with Lillian repeatedly asking Jasmine if she's okay and telling Anthony to kiss Jasmine's knee to make it better. She's the comedic relief that Janthony needs right now. I love her so much. She's absolutely adorable. After we park, everyone piles out of the cars. Lin takes Lillian on his hip and Ant is still carrying Jas. Lillian takes her little baseball cap she was wearing off and puts it on Lin.

"How do I look?" Lin asks as we walk, striking a dramatic pose with Lillian laughing in his arms.

"You look very pretty." She says. He flips his hair and Lillian giggles. Leslie give Lin a weird look.

"Don't judge Leslie. Some of us have fashion sense." Lin says. Leslie raises his hands in defense. Everyone laughs and we enter the hospital.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Ant POV~

The next few hours of my life are pure torture. Trying to comfort someone you love who is in major pain is hard to do because you just have to stand there and watch them suffer, only being able to help a little bit. I just wish she could catch a break. I wish we could just wake up from this terrible nightmare.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
918 words-excluding A/N

A/N
Sorry this chapter is short and late. It's been a busy weekend and exams are this week. I hope you are all having great days and lives!!

❤️~K