Chapter 29

Some Groff and Thayne fluff in the beginning cuz why not
~Thayne POV~
We are in Disney today!! I'm excited because we are going to have so much fun and eat lots of cookies!!! I'm ready to go and so is Jonathan, but Daveed is taking darned forever to get up. He says he is too tired and blaming it on jetlag. But I'm not tired. I'm ready to go and be wild.

"COME ON LETS GOOOO!" I yell throughout our villa, jumping up and down excitedly.

"THAYNE CALM DOWN!" Oak yells, laughing.

"NEVER!! IM TOO EXCITED FOR THIS!!!"

"Thayne, sweetheart, you need to calm down a little bit." Jonathan tells me, petting my hair.

"But I'm exciiiiiiiiiiiiiited." I whine.

"I know. We can tell." Daveed pipes up. I roll my eyes at him.

"Just a little longer, Thayne. You can yell outside but, as you can see, we are still very much inside the house." Jonathan tells me.

"Fine." I hmph before flopping on the couch, making Jonathan laugh.

"You're such an impatient dork." He laughs and flops down next to me,

"But I'm your impatient dork and you know you love me." I say, poking him in the ribs.

"You're right, I do love you." Jonathan laughs, pecking my lips. I giggle and snuggle up to him and we just lay there. I don't even know how much time is passing. My head snaps up when Daveed starts talking.

"So, when y'all are done, we are ready to leave..." Oak says, trying his hardest not to laugh. Jonathan and I quickly stand up and make our way to the door.

"WELL WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR? LETS GOOOOOOOO!" I scream, making Daveed cover his ears.

"Thayne! Gosh darn it! Quiet down a little!" He says, laughing. I just roll my eyes and pull them all out of the door. We wait outside for fooooooooreeeeeeeveeeeeeeer for the other people to come out of their villas. I run circles around Jonathan while we wait.

"I never should have given you coffee." Jonathan mutters quietly under his breath. I slap his arm and continue to wait impatiently. Finally, everyone comes out and we go to the bus stop. "More waiting. Just what Thayne needs." Jonathan laughs. I wander over to Lillian and start a conversation.

"Lillian, are you excited?" I say as we do our secret handshake.

"Yeah! It's gonna be so much fun!"

"It is! What are you most excited for?"

"I don't know." She says, all of a sudden getting quiet.

"What's wrong?" I ask her. She points down the street where the bus is slowly getting smaller. "Well, that's an issue." I look around at the now empty bus stop. Lillian starts to cry. I pick her up. "Hey, hey. It's going to be okay." I comfort her.

"We are lost now." She says, still crying a little.

"No, we aren't. We can just stay here at the bus stop and wait for the next bus. Okay? We will be fine, Lil." I say. We sit on a bench. I look up when the next bus will be coming. 20 minutes. Not long. We'll be back with everyone in no time. I text them all.

Group chat
Washingdad: THAYNE? WHERE ARE YOU? WHERE IS LILLIAN? ARE YOU OKAY?
A.Ham: WHERE IS MY CHILD? IS EVERYONE OKAY?
E.Ham: Stop yelling and be civilized. Thayne, are you and Lillian safe and okay?
Groff 2 da Sauce: THAYNE ARE YOU OKAY PLEASE TELL ME YOURE OKAY I LOVE YOU
A.BEAST: Seriously, Thayne. Are you guys okay? You are just stuck at the bus station, right?
Poet: Whoa. We left someone behind? What are we, the Newsies tour cast?😂
Poet's GF: *slaps Ant* this is a serious problem
BURRito: I can't believe you, Ant
DJTJ: ohhhhhh that's why it's so quiet!
Mad Hatter: oof
Groff 2 da Sauce: YOU GUYS ARE SO MEAN TO MY BABY! HE COULD BE DEAD! HES NOT RESPONDING!
SSeabury: Could y'all quit blowing up my phone? I'm trying to comfort a crying child. We're fine. She's just scared.
Groff 2 da Sauce: OH THANK GOSH HE IS ALIVE!
E.Ham: Thank you Thayne! Meet us at the Partners statue when you guys get there.
SSeabury: okay will do

Back to Thayne's POV

Lillian is still crying and upset. I just keep her on my lap and gently rock her back and forth as we wait. Her bunny is in the backpack Pippa is carrying. I have food and water, along with a first aid kit, in my backpack. There's some other random stuff too. We have magic bands so thank goodness we will still be able to get into the park. A couple burly guys with beards and tattoos walk into the bus stop waiting area. I'm not one to judge so I just don't stare and focus on comforting Lillian. After a while, the bus comes and we board, as well as the men.

"See Lillian? We are on our way there and we will meet them at the Partners statue. It's fine." I say, setting her on the seat between me and the wall. Then I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see my good friend from when I was in Newsies, Andrew Keenan-Bolger, along with his fiancé, Scott Bixby. "Andrew! Scott! Hi! I haven't seen you in such a long time! Glad you could make it!" I say, shaking their hand over the bus seats.

"I'm so glad we could come! It's so great to see you again!" Andrew says. He looks at Lillian. "When did you and Jonathan adopt a kid?"

"Uhhhh, never." I reply.

"What? Who is she?" Scott asks, looking about just as confused as Andrew.

"This is Lillian. She is five and she is Lin and Pippa's adopted child. I used to babysit her when," I cover Lillian's ears and lean closer to Andrew and Scott. "her parents were still alive." I say before uncovering Lillian's ears. Scott and Andrew give me 'I'm lost' looks. "I'll explain later, when she's not around." I say. They nod, their faces still confused. We arrive and check in. I stop and get Lillian to calm down. Then I put her on my shoulders and walk in, Andrew and Scott following. All of a sudden she shouts.

"Thayne! I see Pippa!" She says.

"Well, lead me to her, captain!" I reply, making Lillian giggle.

"Giddyup!" She yells. I spot Jonathan and the crew and gallop over. Scott and Andrew walk over normally and stand to the side as I take Lillian down and hand her to Pippa. Pippa gladly takes her in a hug and holds her on her hips. Jonathan runs up and hugs me.

"I wasn't even gone that long, Jon." I say. He hugs me again.

"Andrew Keenan-Bolger is that you!?" Lin asks.

"Lin! Hi! It's been a really long time since I've seen you! I don't think I've seen you since you were in Merrily We Roll Along with Celia!" Andrew says, hugging Lin. We introduce everyone to Andrew and Scott before venturing off into the parks as a large group. Lillian and Ellie hold hands and walk in the middle of the group so they don't get lost. It is going to be a perfect day.

Omniscient POV

But little did they know, the burly men follow them at an inconspicuous distance, waiting.

---------
1239 words-excluding A/N
A/N
IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. I've had massive writers block and it took the majority of my Spring Break to finish this chapter. I like the mashup with the Newsies cast and all that. I'm having ideas flow into my brain constantly now and I write them all down for times like these when I have nothing to produce. So, I'm sorry again for not updating, but I'm slowly getting back in track. Thank you for being faithful and loyal. Also thank you for being so patient with me. I'm kind of a crappy writer, but people are reading this and that makes me happy. So thank you. Thank you so much for being my escape. I love you all!!

❤️~K