Chapter 22

~Ant POV~

"What happened to Jasmine? Why is she on crutches?" Silence. I don't know what to do. I don't know if Jas wants everyone knowing. I also don't know how we can avoid it. Jas looks down right shocked, and kind of scared. She's staring at the man. At our angle, we can't see the man's face very well. She turns and stares into my eyes. I can tell by glancing around that the cast is trying to conceal their responses to this question. She starts to talk, her eyes never leaving mine.

"I tore my ACL." She says simply, still staring deeply into my eyes.

"How? How'd you do it?" The man asks impatiently.

"Alright that's time!" Ellen says, changing the topic. "Thank you to the Hamilton cast for coming today!" She signals the mic man to come back. The man in the grey pushes past him and gets up to the stage. He marches straight up to Jas. She lets out a quiet gasp. Since I'm sitting right next to her, I can now see his face. Scott. I'm sure as heck am not letting him hurt her again.

"Get away from her. I say defiantly. I feel Jas grab my hand and squeeze it three times.

"How'd it happen, Jasmine?" He asked again.

"You heard Anthony. Get away from her, Scott." I hear Renèe say protectively. Security comes onstage. They try to take Scott away. He fights back, shoving the guards away and engaging in a fight. In doing so, he ends up kicking his foot back and hitting Jasmine's bad knee. She squeezes my hand-hard. She bites her lip to keep in the yelp of pain. She's blinking her eyes crazy fast to fight back her tears. I can tell by these signs that it was really painful for her. A tear falls slowly down Jasmine's pained face. She's doing her best to hide it-and to anybody else, it would be convincing. But me on the other hand, I can tell. I lean over and pull her close to me. I press a light kiss to her forehead.

"Shh. I know. It will be okay soon. I love you." I whisper lightly into her ear. She nods slightly, another tear slipping down her cheek. Ellen stands up and signals to someone off stage. A curtain falls, blocking the entire stage from audience view. The security guards finally get a hold of Scott. The thing Scott said next sent a chill down my spine.

"Did the set fall on you, Jasmine?" He asked, a maniacal smile spreading across his face as he is escorted away. Pippa freaks out behind me.

"Oh my gosh!! How the heck does he know what happened!? We know by the tickets that he wasn't there!! Oh-!" She says talking really fast before leaning and whispering something into Lin's ear. His eyes go wide as he shakes his head and whispers something back. They go on like this for a while, whispering back and forth to each other. The cast are obviously intrigued, you can tell by the cocked eyebrows and the curious looks on their faces. Jasmine turns her face towards me, and squeezes my hand. The look of pain is still evident in her eyes. She's still in pain from when he kicked her. Now that the audience can't see us, I scoop her into my arms-bridal style-but being careful not to touch her knee. I'll help her check out any possible damage when we ice her knee later. She wraps her arms around my neck and rests her head against my chest. Ellen walks over to us.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! I don't know how he got up here and that close to any of you without security stopping him. I'm so sorry. Are you all okay?" She asks.

"We're okay-I think. She might be a little shaken up," I nod down towards Jas. "but we're fine." I say.

"Do you know who that guy was?" Ellen asks.

"Yeah. It's Jasmine's ex. He's been after her and Ant for a while. The creepy thing is that he knew how it happened." Thayne says. Ellen nods. We all talk for a while, and we say our thanks and goodbyes. Then we head out to our hotel.

"Hey Ant, we're all gonna hang out in Oak and I's room." Daveed tells me.

"Okay. I'm gonna take Jas to our room and calm her down and ice her knee. Then we'll probably show up." I say. He nods. They all walk down to Oak and Daveed's room. I take Jas into our room and lean her crutches up against the wall and walk to the bed. I lay her down on the bed. She's asleep. She must have fallen asleep on the ride back. I'm surprised I didn't notice it. Oh well, she needs rest. I straighten out her bad leg, very slowly. The doctors told us to ice her knee every day, at least once. I know it hurts for her, but they told us it would help her heal. Now is a good time to do it, since she's sleeping peacefully. She packed her ice pack thingy in her bag and we put it in the little fridge thingy as soon as we got here, so it would be frozen. I run into the kitchen area-as quietly as possible-and grab the ice pack. I can't help but feel bad for her. She has this daily struggle now, and it makes her feel like a burden to me. She's the farthest thing from a burden. Torn ACL or not, I love her and would do anything for her. I wish I would've somehow blocked the kick that Scott threw at her today. I feel like it's my fault. What unnerves me more is that he knew how she got hurt. And Pippa was right-we know he wasn't in the audience that night. Anger runs through me as I figure out what Pippa had whispered to Lin earlier. Scott must have orchestrated this somehow. I can't believe it. I don't want to believe it. It might not be true, but I just don't know. I make it back to the bad area without waking her. I gently remove her knee brace and get ready to start this little daily routine. That's when I see the damage.

-------------------------------------------------------
1074 words-excluding A/N

A/N
Okay so not much to say today, really. Just that Newsies is amazing, Hamilton is amazing, In The Heights is amazing, Dear Evan Hansen is amazing-okay I'll stop. I drew this though:

Anyways, I'm kinda proud of it and yeah

Anyways, I'm kinda proud of it and yeah. Hope your 2018 is going well!

❤️~K