Chapter 40

~Lillian POV~
February 26th
Anthony and Jasmine got a puppy! I like puppies but I never got to have one because my daddy and mommy said I was too little. But they brought the puppy to the theater and we get to meet it! Pippa and I were walking into the theater and Lin was talking to a little boy. Pippa took me inside though. We went to her dressing room so she could put all her stuff down. Then Lin came in with the little boy and Pippa took me out to the stage with everyone. But then Pippa went back out by Lin. I went over by Ellie because Chris brought her to meet the puppy too! Thayne and Groff were late today, but when Thayne got here he came up behind me and scared me. It was scary but it was funny. Then he picked me up and carried me everywhere. Then Lin and Pippa came back and we all petted the puppy and played with it. The puppy's name is Nala, like from the Lion King. We played with the puppy for a long time and then all the adults except Jasmine went and started to do play practice. Ellie picks me up after Thayne puts me down and Jasmine crutches away to her dressing room, and she tells Ellie to follow her. So Ellie takes me into Jasmine's room and Anthony brings the puppy back before going back to the stage. Jasmine is so pretty and she is so nice. She's really funny too. Ellie and I hang out in there until everyone comes back from play practice. Then we have to go in the hallway while everyone puts on their costumes. Jasmine gets to stay in her and Anthony's dressing room though. I don't know why. Anthony takes a really long time to get ready but he comes out and then the show starts. Ellie and I go back in with Jasmine, who can't do the show because her knee is still hurt, and play with Nala and talk to Jasmine. I fell asleep quickly on Ellie's lap during the Aaron Burr song. I woke up during the and Peggy song because Ellie and Jasmine were looking for Nala.

"Was the door opened before?" I ask Jasmine. She shakes her head no and stands up with her crutches. We quietly move down the hallways and get to the sides of the stage, which everyone else calls the wings. But I don't get it. They don't have wings, it's just curtains. The song with Thayne in it starts and we find Nala. She is sitting in the sides watching the show. Jasmine tells Ellie to slowly walk up to her and pick her up. So Ellie starts to walk up to Nala slowly. Then Lin says something about his dog right as Ellie grabs Nala, but Nala jumps and runs on to the stage. The audience laughs a lot, and Thayne is trying not to laugh and Lin is laughing. Everyone on stage is trying not to laugh or they are laughing. Jasmine is laughing really hard, and so is Ellie. I laugh too because Nala ran on the stage when Lin was saying stuff about his dog speaking more eloquently. Whatever that means. Nala runs back to the sides and Ellie grabs her and takes her back up to Jasmine and Anthony's dressing room. Once we get to the dressing room Jasmine and Ellie start laughing really hard and really loud. I laugh too. Jasmine puts Nala in a little carrier so she can't get out again. I fall asleep on Ellie's lap.

~Jonathan POV~

During Farmer Refuted, Nala ran onstage as Lin sang 'my dog speaks more eloquently' and everyone onstage was trying not to lose it, and most people held their composure. As for Lin, he did break character-and boy was it funny. I try to make him laugh every night during Reynolds Pamphlet, and I have succeeded only twice. Lin isn't easy to break-but when he does break, it's hilarious. I love Nala already. After You'll Be Back, I head backstage to find Lillian, Ellie, and Jasmine, and also Nala. After all, I don't have to be on again until just before intermission. When I get in there, Ellie and Jasmine are talking and just hanging out in their phones, Lillian is asleep in Ellie's lap, and Nala is in her carrier.

"Hey guys." I say quietly. Jasmine and Ellie smile at me.

"Hey." They say together.

"Ellie, do you want me to take Lillian?" I ask her. She nods.

"Yeah. She wanted to sit on my lap but then she just fell asleep." Ellie laughs. I laugh and so does Jasmine. I gently take Lillian from Ellie. I situate her on my hip and she puts her head on my shoulder and falls back asleep. I silently thank Jasmine and Ellie with a nod and take Lillian out of the room. I take her into her little area of Lin and Pippa's dressing room. It used to be a rather large closet, but nobody ever used it, so Lin and Pippa turned it into a little area for Lillian. There are some cushions for her to nap on and some toys and other things for her in there. I lay her down in there and stay in the room to watch her. She wakes up during Guns and Ships, just in time because I need to go onstage for What Comes Next.

"Come on Lillian. I've got to get onstage. Do you want to watch or go back by Jasmine and Ellie?" I ask her as she wakes up and comes out of her little area.

"I want to watch." She says. I nod and pick her up, jogging down to the stage to make sure I'm there on time. I set her down, out of sight from the audience, in the wings.

"Alright, you know what to do. Stay here and watch quietly." I tell her, and then I'm onstage. What Comes Next comes and goes and I have to exit the opposite side of the stage. As I am making my way around to her for intermission, I hear crying.

---
1042 words-excluding A/N

A/N
THANKS FOR 9K!! Here's a chapter, I hope you like it, even though it's just a filler. You probably heard that I'm ending my Newsies book and that IHAD is off hold and up and running again. Also, sorry for the really bad cliffhanger. (I can't write them good..idk why) Anyways, thanks for reading, commenting, and voting!

❤️~K