Chapter 24

~Ant POV~

My heart breaks again as Jasmine screams again and contorts in pain. Her body is convulsing with sobs. She squeezes my hand twice as another sob escapes her lips. I signal the doctors to stop. The doctor looks at me. I look at Jasmine. She takes a deep breath and squeezes my hand once. I nod to the doctor. She bites her lip as they continue, to keep herself from screaming. I wish we weren't I this situation. When we got here, they looked at her knee. They figured out she was losing abnormal amounts of blood very, very quickly. She was rushed to emergency stitching. If they used and anesthetic, she would bleed more. (A/N that's probably not true, but for the sake of this dramatic moment, it is) So they are stitching up her sore, hurt, bloodied knee while she is fully awake and has no painkillers. They are going as fast as they can, for her sake. They at least gave her control over their stopping and starting. How she controls it by squeezing my hand. One squeeze means go, two means stop. Three means 'I love you' as it always has. Her pained whimper draws me from my thoughts. I run my hand comfortingly through her hair. Her pain-filled eyes search mine.

"I know baby girl. It'll be over soon. We can catch the soonest flight home. I promise." I say. She nods weakly.

"It hurts Ant. I don't know how much more I can take. It hurts really bad, Ant." She says, her voice shaky and broken. I feel so bad for her. I just want to take her pain away.

"I know it does, baby. We can be home tomorrow if we catch a flight. I promise. We can announce our engagement." I can tell she is calmer and more able to endure the sheer amount of pain she is in when I talk. "We can do anything you want, okay baby girl? I love you-more than you'll ever know." She lets out a weak cry of anguish and pain. I place a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I love you, Ant. So much." She says between ragged, shallow breaths. Her brow furrows as another one of her cries of pain arises.

"What's wrong Jas? Other than your knee." I ask.

"How did he know? He knew. How?" She says. I know immediately what she's referring to.

"I don't know, Jasmine. But we will figure it out. Okay? Someone may have leaked it. That's probably what happened."

"Are you sure?" She asks breathlessly.

"I wish I was, baby girl. I wish I was. But, no, I'm not sure." I say, running my hand through her hair again.

"We're on the last stitch." A doctor calls out.

"They're almost done, baby girl. It's almost over." I whisper into her ear. She lets out a pain-filled whimper as the last stitch is stitched. The doctors bandage up her knee and put a new brace on it.

"If you want to just carry her out, you can do that now." A doctor tells me. I nod and carefully pick Jas up. There are still tears of pain streaking down her tired, but beautiful face. She tightens her arms around my neck and buries her pained face into my chest. I pull her close and kiss her head. As I cradle her close, I thank the doctors and walk out to where our friends are sitting.

"How is she, Ant?" Renèe asks.

"She's in a lot of pain. She needs rest. We should probably get going." I reply and people nod and we all pile into the cars. Once we get back to the hotel, I put Jas down in the bed and climb in beside her. I pull her close and press a soft kiss to her forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
654 words-excluding A/N

A/N

IM SOOOOOO SORRY THIS IS LATE AND SHORT AND CRAPPY! I've beeen really busy and have had massive writers block as I have written myself into a tight knot. THANKS SO MUCH FOR 3K!!!! (Shameless self promo coming up here) You may know I have 2 other books on my Wattpad. One is a really bad Mamma Mia fanfic (that I really need to update...😬) , which has been up for a while. The third one though, is something that I've wanted to do for a while now. It's a rant book. Specifically for Star Wars rants. There's only one published cuz that's all I've had time for. (I wrote that rant during the 15 minute passing times we had in between exams) So go read that if you're into Star Wars. Also, if you ship Anidala, go read Scott W. Ferguson's Star Wars Altered Universe. You can find the first two on iBooks for free, or all three on fanfiction.net (also free) Thanks for everything!!

❤️~K