Chapter 47

Full credit for wedding script: http://ravieandchelseaswedding.blogspot.com/2010/06/wedding-ceremony-script.html?m=1

~Third Person POV~
March 16th

Lin paced the floor. Out of all the things he's done in his life, he was the most nervous for this. His wedding. It's not like he didn't want to marry Pippa, but it was the fear that he could do something wrong, or be a bad husband. He hasn't ever been in such a deep and serious relationship before, and he is apprehensive. He silently scolded himself, he's opened two Broadway musicals for Pete's sake! How could he be nervous to marry the love of his life? As Lin paced, mentally cursing himself for being nervous, Chris comes up to him and places a friendly hand on his shoulder.

"Lin, don't be nervous. You love Pippa, don't you?" He asks Lin.

"Of course I love her, I just have this fear that something is going to go wrong, or that I'll be a terrible husband. I could do something wrong. She could doubt me. You remember when she was kidnapped, she said she started doubting my love for her, because of the strained situation. What if something like that happens again?" Lin asks Chris, and Chris sighs. Lin has been way overprotective over Pippa, but it seems like neither of them mind. Chris is saddened that his best friend is still suffering from the event that happened so long ago.

"You'll be fine, Lin. You're setting a bad example for Anthony." Chris laughs, and Lin does too. "But seriously, you don't need to be nervous. Nothing is going to go wrong. This truly will be the best day of your life." Lin nods, calming down almost completely, the growing excitement overpowering the receding nerves.

~Pippa POV~

"I don't know if I can do this Renee!" I say, exasperated. "I love Lin, but I just-I'm so nervous!" I sigh, glancing at Renèe.  Jasmine laughs and they both walk over to me.

"Pippa, there's no need to be so nervous. You love Lin, we all know that. You perform on Broadway eight times a week! This is your wedding. Hopefully your only one." We all laugh. "But seriously, this will be the best day of your life." Renèe says. I hug both my 'sisters' and we all continue getting ready.

~Third Person POV~

The moment drew closer and closer . Both Lin and Pippa were excited, but their nerves were evident. But they weren't nervous to marry each other, they loved each other. The one thing that nagged them both was the fear of not being good enough each other. Finally, the guests poured into the park where Lin and Pippa were getting married. Lin waited anxiously, Chris at his side and his other friends and cast mates lined up near him. Across the alter area, he saw Renèe standing, her hands on Lillian's shoulders to keep her from bouncing and running around. Jasmine stood next to Renèe and Pippa's other friends were in line with where she was going to be standing in a few short minutes. Everyone had come down the aisle, aside from Pippa. Lin took a deep breath as the audience stood and turned to face the back of the aisle. Pippa walked slowly down the aisle, a huge smile on her face. She was glowing. Lin's eyes grew tearful as he caught his breath. She looked beautiful. When she finally reached Lin at the end of the aisle, they shakily joined hands and met eyes. Pippa had a few tears slowly cascading down her face, and Lin's eyes were glassy. Lin wanted to kiss her, but he knew he had to wait. He squeezes her hand. She squeezes his. They share a mischievous look quickly. Other than their getting married, Lin and Pippa had a  big surprise for all of their guests and a very special little girl. The priest begins.

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to unite these two people in marriage. The essence of this commitment is the acceptance of each other in entirety, as lover, companion, and friend." He takes a breath. "Do you both pledge to share your lives openly with one another, and to speak the truth in love? Do you promise to honor and tenderly care for one another, cherish and encourage each other, stand together, through sorrows and joys, hardships and triumphs, for all the days of your life?" Lin and Pippa smile at each other, and-in perfect unison-answer.

"We do."

"Do you pledge to share your love and the joys of your marriage with all those around you, so that they may learn from your love and be encouraged to grow in their own lives?" The priest asks. Again, Lin and Pippa smile at each other before answering in unison.

"We do." Lin could see his mother crying, and he could also see Pippa's mother crying.

"May these rings be blessed as a symbol of your union. As often as either of you look upon these rings, may you not only be reminded of this moment, but also of the vows you have made and the strength of your commitment to each other." The priest turns to look at Lin. "Lin-Manuel, repeat after me." The priest instructs. Lin looks lovingly into Pippa's eyes and repeats the words the priest says, genuinely meaning each one, stringing this together:

"I, Lin-Manuel, promise to love and support you Phillipa, and live each day with kindness, understanding, truth, humor, and passion. With this ring I thee wed." Lin says, squeezing Pippa's hand before sliding the ring onto her shaking hand. (A/N y'all I'm sorry I'm not creative so I am not writing vows) The priest turns to Pippa.

"Phillipa, repeat after me." Pippa repeats what he says, returning Lin's loving look, and stringing this together:

"I, Phillipa, promise to love and support you Lin-Manuel, and live each day with kindness, understanding, truth, humor, and passion. With this ring I thee wed." She squeezes Lin's hand and slide the ring onto his hand, which is shaking.

"Go now in peace, and live in love, sharing the most precious gifts you have-the gifts of your lives united. And may your days be long on this earth. I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Lin pulls Pippa into a passionate kiss.

"I'm so glad that you're forever mine." Lin says quietly to Pippa after they pull apart and run down the aisle. They had taken the next step in their lives.

---
1080-ish words-excluding A/N

A/N
I'm literally horrible at this writing and updating on time thing. I'm so sorry.

Also, do y'all prefer first person or third person? I used to do all this first person, but my mind has recently started wanting to write third person. I'm trying to do both, but what do y'all prefer?

❤️~K